Mud Guards

I looking to put mud guards on my 09. The local dealership says they're backordered throughout the country and may be weeks or months before delivery. It would take a week to find out. He suggested buying aftermarket. After reading the reviews and issues (fit and quality) on several websites I'm unsure which way to go. Does the backorder story sound legit? Are there forum website sponsors that would be good to purchase through? Is there a recommended brand to look for?

Thanks
ekm

For the benefit of everyone else in the forum, it might be best to leave this thread up.

What price differences are you seeing between the dealership and other sources?

Are they the same exact part?

PT769-02090 is a set of four OEM mudguards that fit 09-10. Dealer retail is listed as $73 but most of their websites have them marked down to $55 or so. Toyota dealers have them listed on Ebay from $55 to $42 some with free shipping others around $10 shipping. Listed as exact same part number.

The aftermarket are much cheaper, usually less than $20. But the reviews on these usually comment on the fit, hardware or durability. For the time and effort I'd rather stick with the item I know will fit, get it done and move on.