No CD Player in 2020 Corolla! Can I use my USB Stick?

Lola

Ideally, I would like to transfer all my favorite songs from my CD's onto a flash drive USB and then plug it into the USB port in my new car. However, the manual says that the USB port is to be used strictly for recharging and not for anything else! Why is that? Why can't I use it to play my songs on my USB stick?

Betzy

Ideally, I would like to transfer all my favorite songs from my CD's onto a flash drive USB and then plug it into the USB port in my new car. However, the manual says that the USB port is to be used strictly for recharging and not for anything else! Why is that? Why can't I use it to play my songs on my USB stick?
Should be able, Lola.
Have you played w FM try to cintonize or volume.
USB Mode
Listen to an iPod or other compatible portable audio player using the USB mode. Playable data includes: MP3/WMA/AAC/OGG files. Compatibility varies according to model or operating system (OS) version of device. Click here to see if your device is compatible. If incompatible device is connected, error message is displayed.

Using USB Mode:
  1. Connect portable audio player via USB connection.
  2. Select ENTERTAINMENT from the Home screen. The display will return to the last audio source visited (default is FM radio), the Entertainment menu will be visible at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Select AUDIO SOURCE.
  4. Select USB.

manual says that the USB port is to be used strictly for recharging
That's for the one in the armrest. The one on the dashboard is for music either directly from a stick or via a connected phone (also possible by bluetooth), provided that you transfer your music from CD to a compatible format (MP3, FLAC, etc - see manual. That's all assuming you have a North America model. It may vary for other countries.

I think that you can't use it for other things other than recharging because it depends on the type of USB you have. Or it could depend on the type of car you are driving. But there are also many other solutions that you can find to use the USB to store music. Just make sure you use it safely. I also had a USB to store personal files, including music. But after I gave my USB to a friend and plugged it into my PC, something went wrong. The PC shut down, and after I restarted it, my data was gone. I decided to request help from a specialized platform, salvagedata.com.