Radio Monitor problem

I bought this 2014 Corolla LE-Model on april 1, 2018 used with 107K miles but this last week of Oct. 2020, now mileage 150K it just keep rebooting, I did try disconnecting the Red/Positive cable for more than a minute, and when we tried it, the Monitor went black and not even coming up for rebooting, I called the dealer and answer me with diagnostic cost $200.00 plus and additional $$ if we need software update, or Hardware problem. (SF-Bay-Area), I asked them if they have recall on this problem but none whatsoever. Please update me if someone already or this problem has already a class action lawsuit. I know my car already out of warranty..

jolly

I asked them if they have recall
Don't count on a recall for radio. Recalls are only for security hazard that can cause an accident. Do you have navigation ? This problem is one of the most reported (not meaning that a lot are reported). If so, it might just be that you need to buy an updated map SDcard. Otherwise, a used unit (eBay or scrapyard) would cost less than just the diagnostic fee.

Don't count on a recall for radio. Recalls are only for security hazard that can cause an accident. Do you have navigation ? This problem is one of the most reported (not meaning that a lot are reported). If so, it might just be that you need to buy an updated map SDcard. Otherwise, a used unit (eBay or scrapyard) would cost less than just the diagnostic fee.