Remove Side Mirror Covers

I hopped on the bandwagon with the plastidipping craze and did my rear emblems and spoiler on my corolla s. I want to dip my mirror cover/moulding/whatever, but I thought it would be easier to just pull them off and paint them, rather than newspaper and tape all around it. I was tugging on it a bit but can't figure out how they pop off. I'm just worried I'm going to break them. Has anyone done this?

I hopped on the bandwagon with the plastidipping craze and did my rear emblems and spoiler on my corolla s. I want to dip my mirror cover/moulding/whatever, but I thought it would be easier to just pull them off and paint them, rather than newspaper and tape all around it. I was tugging on it a bit but can't figure out how they pop off. I'm just worried I'm going to break them. Has anyone done this?

Hey,

I did this, and the trick is to use a small flat head screw driver and slide it in past the mirror and you will see white tabs and you need to pop those off. use a flash light to see them.

Agreed. I already took my off. I closed the mirrors. Then on the bottom left on the right mirror I stuck in a flat head screwdrivers and then gently and slowly twisted it to separate the adhesive.

What color is your car? I have the white 14 S and plastidipped my front and back emblems. I took off the Corolla and S emblem so it's cleaner, but it took me a while to decide if I wanted to remove the S lol

Different question, but related.
Anybody get the chrome mirror caps that go over the existing side mirrors? If so, do you like them, or regret them?