Short Ram Intake/ Cold Air Intake -LAG

JoshTRD

Anybody who has a short ram intake installed would like to put in any feedback?.....i recently had a short ram take installed.....i know its suppose to give more "Top-End" power supposedly....but i noticed when i smash off from a complete stop it has a VERY bad lag....and when driving up a hill from a complete stop...the Lag is just terrible and when i smash off it makes a GGORRRRRRRRRR than it starts to go normal.....since then i removed it because it really annoyed me and I'm back to stock and its back to normal....i know you loose torque with these Short-Rams and Cold-Air intakes, but i did not know it was this bad.....any similar experiences?

I have the K&N typhoon installed, it doesnt lag for me as much but yes uphill it takes forever for RPMs to climb and it only starts to roars from around 2800 rpms but from a complete stop its not too lagy

Anybody who has a short ram intake installed would like to put in any feedback?.....i recently had a short ram take installed.....i know its suppose to give more "Top-End" power supposedly....but i noticed when i smash off from a complete stop it has a VERY bad lag....and when driving up a hill from a complete stop...the Lag is just terrible and when i smash off it makes a GGORRRRRRRRRR than it starts to go normal.....since then i removed it because it really annoyed me and I'm back to stock and its back to normal....i know you loose torque with these Short-Rams and Cold-Air intakes, but i did not know it was this bad.....any similar experiences?
Why are you trying to make this Corolla a racing car ?? Lol

Here's the cold air intake.

jesus christ what are all those wires you have dangling around there? thats a really big fire hazard... those wires don't look heat resistant and look very thin....Just to warn you, i had a problem with putting lighting in my car and i wired it through the engine bay with cheap thin wire and it started to burn through because the engine bay reaches heats up 500 degrees, just warning you....i would either rewire those lights with thicker wire or spray them with some heat resistant paint......cuz i don't see that holding up for many years tbh....