Should I rotate my tires ?

Hi,
My front tires are still OK, but they are more worn out than the rear ones.
Rotating the tires will put better tires in the front, but soon they will be worn out and will need to be changed along with the rear ones, so I will have to buy 4 tires.

If I don't rotate them, I can finish the front tires and buy only a new pair when needed, the rear ones wear out slower, so they can last much longer. It will be cheaper, what do you think ?

Well, I rotate my MT tires every 10K miles my truck has 334K miles, its a 2002 Tacoma and I am running on my 3rd set of tires, 6 Wheels ( 2 spares tires )
on my cars, I do every 10K miles every oil changed !

I would wear thos 2 tires and buy 4 new tires but just remember, rotate rotate rotate or buy buy buy !

3ddie @.

I rotate my tires every oil change (5K) for even wear. When it comes time to replace, I do all 4 tires at the same time, again, for even wear. The only time I would replace one at a time is if one of my tires gets an irreparable damage.

Hi,
Rotating the tires will put better tires in the front, but soon they will be worn out and will need to be changed along with the rear ones, so I will have to buy 4 tires.

If I don't rotate them, I can finish the front tires and buy only a new pair when needed, the rear ones wear out slower, so they can last much longer. It will be cheaper, what do you think ?
Its cheaper to buy 4 tires at places like Costco because you get $70 dollars off a set of 4.

Hi,

I dont agree with you on this. one reason is the price you get cheaper if you buy all four. Secondly rubber with the time gets bad and even if your rear tires are not worn out there is a possibility that they will crack. One more reason if you are driving your car mostly empty you may have cupping problem in your rear tires to make them noisy and may damage your rear suspension.

Yes, rotate. Front tires wear differently. When turning one side wears on the outside while the other side will experience wear on the inside. When you break the weight shifts forward and you tires have to withstand that force. The front tires carry more weight. Fronts typically wear faster. By rotating you evenly distribute the wear and thus a set of tires last longer. At what intervals can be specified in a cars manual. To keep it simple, as mentioned by others, I rotate mine every 8000 kms when I do my oil change.

Yes, I'm always rotating over like 8k miles. I haven't done that before, but a friend of DSRLeasing told me that it's a basically a must so I developed a habit already with this ;)