Speaker replacement

IanB

hey guys, I’m not new to Toyota’s, but new to the whole parallel speaker wiring game. I’ve got a 16 S Plus and trying to add front components and tweeters with a crossover.

When I took apart the door panel, and tweeter, I’m lost haha!

I don’t know which wires to run to the crossover and where. Also confused on where I should mount the crossover. It’s a set of MB Quart Q series speakers. I also plan on adding an amp in the near future as the rear is getting a set of focal ISU690’s.

If anyone can help, that would be awesome!!

A pair of wires (+/-) leave your radio and go the tweeter first. Then another pair (+/-) drop down from your tweeter to your bottom speaker.
They should be easily identified at the tweeter connection. Two wires will have a blue stripe and two will have a white strip. (Colors may vary)
So wires with white stripes are positive, wires with blue stripes are negative.
On my car, I made jumpers that fit into the tweeter connectors to complete the circuit down to the lower speaker. (You can cut and splice, but it will be a pita to ever go back) Then I replaced that speaker and used the supplied tweeter and wiring to replace the factory tweeter.
I made a YouTube video about this but never posted it. Guess I’ll go edit some. Lol

i mounted the crossover for my infinty kappas behind the huge foam block on the door panel. I shaved off some of the foam so they didn't interfere.

There’s a foam block?
Are you talking rear doors?
no the fronts. theres a block of foam mounted to door panel near the rear. not the door body itself but the plastic panel. i mounted them directly behind these but had to shave some foam off so they wouldn't touch the crossover.

no the fronts. theres a block of foam mounted to door panel near the rear. not the door body itself but the plastic panel. i mounted them directly behind these but had to shave some foam off so they wouldn't touch the crossover.
Interesting, I’ve never noticed it.