Stock Calipers

Urvs

Anybody paint their stock calipers? I hear it's not smart to paint stock calipers but I don't know if it's myth or not

I'm painting mine this weekend so I'll let you know! Biggest thing is making sure you are using high heat paint (caliper paint) and making sure you mask it off correctly and not just going in spraying paint on it and everything. If you do that then you should be fine!

Urvs

I'm painting mine this weekend so I'll let you know! Biggest thing is making sure you are using high heat paint (caliper paint) and making sure you mask it off correctly and not just going in spraying paint on it and everything. If you do that then you should be fine!
How did this go? Any pictures?

Anybody paint their stock calipers? I hear it's not smart to paint stock calipers but I don't know if it's myth or not
Yeah, use the right paint and they will be fine. Just don't paint any of the rubber parts.
Tons of videos on YouTube, and I mean tons!
I like Chris Fix videos, he has some excellent ideas. Very well put together.

I painted mine blue, to match the theme I'm using for my ride. As previously pointed out, you need to use paint that is designed for high heat applications. I used the G2 Caliper Paint System, & highly recommend it! I have pics posted in some other threads.

You also have to decide if you want to leave them on the vehicle when you paint them, or remove them. Masking is highly important if you leave them on. Definitely DO NOT paint anything rubber, & try to avoid painting over any blots. The latter could lead to problems later when needing to change brake pads, or removing the caliper.

Urvs

I painted mine blue, to match the theme I'm using for my ride. As previously pointed out, you need to use paint that is designed for high heat applications. I used the G2 Caliper Paint System, & highly recommend it! I have pics posted in some other threads.

You also have to decide if you want to leave them on the vehicle when you paint them, or remove them. Masking is highly important if you leave them on. Definitely DO NOT paint anything rubber, & try to avoid painting over any blots. The latter could lead to problems later when needing to change brake pads, or removing the caliper.
Yes I think it would be easier to leave them on the vehicle for me. What is everything I should mask off?