tires and more horse power.

I need new tires. When I bought my corolla 2010 S it had goodyear eagle RS on it, I got it with 52k on it. My tires are now going bald at 64k. I was wondering if there's a certain tire that works better on the 2010 S than others (performance and longevity).
Now for horse power, is a KnS cold air intake and borla muffler really all I can do to up the horse power for relatively cheap, and is there better parts or is doing this even worth the money?

HanSolo

Stay away from oiled filters. They can mess up your MAFS and also allow larger particles into the engine. As for tires, it is about what you want.

I need new tires. When I bought my corolla 2010 S it had goodyear eagle RS on it, I got it with 52k on it. My tires are now going bald at 64k. I was wondering if there's a certain tire that works better on the 2010 S than others (performance and longevity).
Now for horse power, is a KnS cold air intake and borla muffler really all I can do to up the horse power for relatively cheap, and is there better parts or is doing this even worth the money?
More horsepower would be tuning the car, or forced induction. Cold air intake and muffler are noise only.

rk97

I wouldn't say "noise only." Cold-air intake is going to allow the engine to operate more efficiently. Without a tune, they won't yield any meaningful performance gain, and even with a tune, the benefits will be minimal...

Forced induction would indeed be the way to go. Nitrous would be cheaper...

I wouldn't say "noise only." Cold-air intake is going to allow the engine to operate more efficiently. Without a tune, they won't yield any meaningful performance gain, and even with a tune, the benefits will be minimal...

Forced induction would indeed be the way to go. Nitrous would be cheaper...
Unless this intake on the Corolla is poorly designed, that would be the only improvement a CAI would benefit. Most modern have decent stock intake flow paths. Some intakes can introduce some turbulence when the MAF is moved from the stock location.

if it is me. if i have a S corolla, for more performance, i will remove things out of the car like:

backseat, spare tire, door panels, power window motors, heavy speakers, basic tools for changing flat tire, no license plate guard ( use plastic screws), remove exhaust tail pipe, replace engine hood with carbon fibre material, remove centre consoles, replace shift knob with carbon knob, whatelse? oh, replace my front seats with fibre made seats, i will remove my SRS/airbags too.

bottomline, i need to make my S corolla so light.