Top speed limited to 114 mph?

Moe

Hello to all. I wanna know how to remove the top speed limiter or the governor. It just sucks that 2015 Corolla. S stops at 114 mph. how can I get rid of that so it can go more.. ???

Moe

Kool. Dat sound good. Yea me noe how it is. Da price ain't bad as long as it does make that much difference. Thanks for the uptdate

Jlinn

I wasn't arguing lol I was just messing around he would burn me even if I had a 200 shot and I've been looking at the 2014 and 2015 R1 :):):!:!:!:!:):)

Damn! That's a beautiful machine! I could Never use it to it's full potential though and I've been riding off and on for 40 years!
I'd do better with one of these and a gangsta lean now a days! View attachment 619
Niceeee, I would run an old Cuda with a purple paint job. I wish I can ride. I'm 23 and my parents told me that they will do whatever it takes to make sure I don't get a bike...well time to get a single storage unit to keep the bike at lol

Lol dude it's a nice car. U need to go to camaro club. What u doing in corollas club. N this pic is from 2012 it's 2015 now man.
I'd guess the Camaro is his weekend car and he has a new Corolla as a daily driver.

DjAnnex- your parents are only trying to help you. I had a cafe bike when I was young and dumb, when I think back to some of the stuff I pulled on that thing, I'm lucky to still be here. I got rid of it when my first son was born, I figured he might wanna know his dad.

Those bikes are a cheap way to go super fast, just try to use your head a bit when you're on it and always wear appropriate gear.

Also being 23 will cost you alot on insurance. I was 24 when I decided to buy one and my insurance agent told me to call back when I turned 25 and wouldn't even give me a quote. It was only a few months, so I waited.

Lol dude it's a nice car. U need to go to camaro club. What u doing in corollas club. N this pic is from 2012 it's 2015 now man.
I'm a member on the Camaro6 forums awaiting the 2016 Camaro. Gen 5 Camaro's are too heavy and fat. I love the F-Body generation. This was the year that all the Corvette owners got mad because the Camaro had the same amount of power, if not slightly more because of the high torque as the 2002 Corvette base models.

I don't own a Corolla yet, but I am searching options and as of now, I'm looking at 2016 to get a Corolla because Toyota is changing the power train which I'm about to post another thread about.

I'd guess the Camaro is his weekend car and he has a new Corolla as a daily driver.

DjAnnex- your parents are only trying to help you. I had a cafe bike when I was young and dumb, when I think back to some of the stuff I pulled on that thing, I'm lucky to still be here. I got rid of it when my first son was born, I figured he might wanna know his dad.

Those bikes are a cheap way to go super fast, just try to use your head a bit when you're on it and always wear appropriate gear.

Also being 23 will cost you alot on insurance. I was 24 when I decided to buy one and my insurance agent told me to call back when I turned 25 and wouldn't even give me a quote. It was only a few months, so I waited.

Bingo. I daily drive a 2013 Scion FR-S which is a blast and gets great gas mileage. Also have a modding addiction with that car, but it's no straight line racer. It's a driver's car.

The Camaro is the weekend car. Loud and proud. Blast to drive.

I'm on these forums because for one, I know a lot about cars in general and working on them. I learned everything from modding my FR-S all by myself which feels really rewarding. The other reason I am here is because I really like the Toyota Corollas. Nothing matches their reliability and when I test drove a 2015 Corolla S and had a few 2014 rental LE's, I was impressed by the ride and gas mileage. It's simple and tasteful.

Moe

Bingo. I daily drive a 2013 Scion FR-S which is a blast and gets great gas mileage. Also have a modding addiction with that car, but it's no straight line racer. It's a driver's car.

The Camaro is the weekend car. Loud and proud. Blast to drive.

I'm on these forums because for one, I know a lot about cars in general and working on them. I learned everything from modding my FR-S all by myself which feels really rewarding. The other reason I am here is because I really like the Toyota Corollas. Nothing matches their reliability and when I test drove a 2015 Corolla S and had a few 2014 rental LE's, I was impressed by the ride and gas mileage. It's simple and tasteful.
Nice dats wats up dude. I got a Corolla 2015 s. It just need more hp lol. They should've gave the S class a lil but more power lol.

Yeah I know. The way I see it is that I get a bike and have before I have kids OR get a bike after I have a family and they grow over 18 for me to get my bike. Not trying to sound cool but I love bikes for the speed and the freedom they give you. My insurance for my Corolla (fully insured, uninsured motorist, property, liability, etc.) I pay Statefarm $173 a month for my S Plus. My agent told me if I got the S Plus Premium it would have been $210 a month. Before I got this car February 2014 I never had an accident or tickets. Even with the accident I had last year in december my insurance still didn't increase(I had a dashcam and it proved that the other driver ran her red light and hit me)

Jlinn

Hopefully for future generations they will do so idk why they didn't do it with this generation or maybe since this is the new generation they wanted to test out the consumers and see if they'd sell now that they see they are selling they should make one with a supercharger or just offer that magnuson r900 one for future models :) ALSO HAS ANYONE SEEN THAT KIA KOUP??? 200 hp turbocharged starting at 20k is that a good car or what?? I saw one on the highway yesterday flyinggggg and it sounded good

Nice dats wats up dude. I got a Corolla 2015 s. It just need more hp lol. They should've gave the S class a lil but more power lol.
That was a must. If you make a "Sport" version of a car it better be more than just nice wheels, a lip spoiler, and grill lol

I'm a member on the Camaro6 forums awaiting the 2016 Camaro. Gen 5 Camaro's are too heavy and fat. I love the F-Body generation. This was the year that all the Corvette owners got mad because the Camaro had the same amount of power, if not slightly more because of the high torque as the 2002 Corvette base models.

I don't own a Corolla yet, but I am searching options and as of now, I'm looking at 2016 to get a Corolla because Toyota is changing the power train which I'm about to post another thread about.
If they update the powertrain and engine but keep most of the other components the same...say hello to swaps!

Jlinn

I totally agree dude the sport model is cool but no extra power is what turned me away and got the LE now I'm glad I got the LE because that new body kit coming out looks better on the LE than the S (IMO)

My S rips off the line. I already..."challenged" a few cars and successfully won. The issue is playing tag on the highway. The ride height cannot handle high speeds and it feels like its about to tip over.

Moe

My S rips off the line. I already..."challenged" a few cars and successfully won. The issue is playing tag on the highway. The ride height cannot handle high speeds and it feels like its about to tip over.
What have u done to ur engine. Wat mods did u do. Get get sway bars and better shocks and springs. That will improve ur handling.

What have u done to ur engine. Wat mods did u do. Get get sway bars and better shocks and springs. That will improve ur handling.
The only engine mod so far is the K&N drop in filter. Exhaust mod is my 2.25" inlet/outlet magnaflow muffler. I just also put on a Resonated tip on the exhaust so that creates a bit more back pressure. My car just got used to me ripping off the line in Sport mode, so overtime I turn it on, its already ready for me to rip. And yeah I know about the springs but I am gonna spring for the BC Racing Coilovers for more adjustability. I live in Florida and a lot of the roads I take are prone to flooding so being able to adjust my ride height before a big storm is very worth it.

Moe

The only engine mod so far is the K&N drop in filter. Exhaust mod is my 2.25" inlet/outlet magnaflow muffler. I just also put on a Resonated tip on the exhaust so that creates a bit more back pressure. My car just got used to me ripping off the line in Sport mode, so overtime I turn it on, its already ready for me to rip. And yeah I know about the springs but I am gonna spring for the BC Racing Coilovers for more adjustability. I live in Florida and a lot of the roads I take are prone to flooding so being able to adjust my ride height before a big storm is very worth it.
That sounds good dude. I'm looking at an intake from k&n typhoon and a borla exhaust. How does the magna flow sound on ur Corolla. Do u have a video clip?? And do u feel a good difference from those 2 mods.

I totally agree with the very slow off the start. I have the '15 S Plus auto. I have it in Sport mode and use the paddles. I just sit there for like 2 sec before it realizes I want to GO!
Very disappointing. I should have done more research. And I really don't line the CVT. It always feels like the trans slips. I have to leave it in Sport mode which somewhat mom mocks a normal car. :(

You guys have to give the ECU time to adapt. Yesterday I..."challenged" a 90's VW Jetta, beat it. Then I "challenged" another car on my way home, I forgot what it was but still beat it lol

Moe