TRD PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM TOYOTA COROLLA S

It will make more go fast noises.

Toyota Part Number: PTR06-02140

I have read and been told that the Borla sounds better. View the Borla Exhaust HERE

You will not see an increase in MPG, more power, etc. with either exhaust just more noise.

I came really close to buying the TRD but then I heard the Borla sounds better and is cheaper. But then I look at my bank account again and realize I can't even afford the cheap one. :(

my 2 cents

I've got the Borla exhaust and it sounds good! Then I got my resinator cut off to make it louder and pop and it sounds better in my opinion and it only cost me 70.00 to have the resinator done. I got the Borla for 300.00 on ebay.

I went in to my local Toyota Parts dealer and they told me they heard that the TRD exhausts are made by Borla. The way he described the benefits of an aftermarket exhaust are just appearance (won't rust out) and the sound. No real increase of HP because Toyota optimizes their stock products.

Personally, I like the Borla better than the TRD both in sound and in price. The canister style muffler gives it that real nice deep tone and it's not obnoxious. I've considered putting one on my LE Eco just to spice it up a little bit more since it's not crazy. Driving in the lower rpms, it will stay pretty deep. If you try to piece together a Magnaflow system exactly how the Borla is made, the cost is about the same. Not to mention getting the seal on the flanges for a custom made axleback is questionable on how good the exhaust shop is. With the Borla, it's all computer done and the failure rate is very low.

I'm so tied up between the TRD and Borla.

I keep hearing the Borla sounds better, but I like the way the TRD mimics the bumper shape. Oval on top, flat bottom. Whereas the Borla just has a round exit.

Borla is less money, "Borla sounds better", TRD looks cooler in my book, OEM parts are the bees-knees. Really wish I could hear one of them in person. All the YouTube clips seem to be shot with cell phones or "GoPro." Hard to get a good feeling for the note when the microphone is about the size of a ball point pen tip.

I'm so tied up between the TRD and Borla.

I keep hearing the Borla sounds better, but I like the way the TRD mimics the bumper shape. Oval on top, flat bottom. Whereas the Borla just has a round exit.

Borla is less money, "Borla sounds better", TRD looks cooler in my book, OEM parts are the bees-knees. Really wish I could hear one of them in person. All the YouTube clips seem to be shot with cell phones or "GoPro." Hard to get a good feeling for the note when the microphone is about the size of a ball point pen tip.

understand me when i say this, one day when you drive up a hill with a TRD muffler that you spend 500$ on and put it on your corolla you will definitely regret it..... but i will admit it does look nice BUT..... it looks funny when ur car sounds like its going 100mph and is rolling down the street at 60.... I'm not a hater either, i have the borla exhaust and i am slowly starting to get over the sound.....kinda wanna go back to stock, and its not even nearly as loud as the TRD...

understand me when i say this, one day when you drive up a hill with a TRD muffler that you spend 500$ on and put it on your corolla you will definitely regret it..... but i will admit it does look nice BUT..... it looks funny when ur car sounds like its going 100mph and is rolling down the street at 60.... I'm not a hater either, i have the borla exhaust and i am slowly starting to get over the sound.....kinda wanna go back to stock, and its not even nearly as loud as the TRD...
Thanks for your feedback man. So the TRD is like straight-pipe Honda loud, and the Borla is more reasonable? lol

I like the sound of that... (get it?)

I have the trd exhaust with the 6spd and to me it sounds great when shifting especially when you downshift has a great tone but it's not too loud and it's also quite when just cruising unlike those fart cans exhaust which is always loud even when you're just doing 20mph.

Oh no, Josh! You want to go back to stock? My Borla should arrive in a few days. I was looking forward to a little rumble. Luckily, they seem to be easy to replace.

If you ever thought about parting ways with the Borla, I'd consider buying it from you if it wasn't scratched up.

I like the sound of the Borla I have always had exhaust on my cars from my Chevy Blazer to my Mustang GT. The noise doesn't bother me nor does it get old in my opinion.