What aftermarket speakers should I get??

Hey guys I've been looking into upgrading my factory speakers in my 14 corolla and I don't know what to get. I'm by no means a car noob, but I don't know the first thing about audio! I've done some research and Crutchfield has a decent "Find what fits your car" section, but I still can't decide which to get. I know some people have gone with the kickers, some with JL, some with pioneer. I'm mainly concerned with sound clarity, not loudness. I want the music to still sound good while im on the freeway. HELP ME PLEASE!!

Never used JBLs but toyota has used them in past has a premium add on for their cars like the corolla and Camry ect. But I personally never used them. I would recommend a amp for rear deck speaks to get a much cleaner sound especially if you get components for the front speakers.

I went with JBL in the doors and Infinity in the rear deck (I couldn't decide between the two so I did both; same family anyway). I kind of wish I had gone JBL all around. People have different preferences, but I don't like too much bass, and I tend to up the treble. Haven't replaced the head unit yet, no amp, but still a huge improvement. You'll be amazed at how crappy the stock speakers are.

Yeah. This 14 corolla s plus is my first new car and so I'm used to my family's old 2001 highlander. And compared to that these speakers are amazing. (other than when on the freeway) Hahaha but i know that I'll be impressed by any upgrades I do. like i said, im not experienced with audio, i just wanna listen to my music clearly on the freeway. LOL

I went with Infinity speakers with a Rockford Fosgate 12" sub, very clean crisp sound with some bass, transformed the sound of the car. Nice bang for your buck system.

Here is a nice little write up someone did on Toyota nation that goes in depth into the sound system of this car:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/3...ory-head-unit-upgrade-speakers-n-keep-bt.html
Wow thats awesome! Thanks for linking that. I've looked all over TN but somehow I must have missed that post.

Are your 6.5s coaxial? It kinda sounds that way. What I'm looking to get is the component set right here. My big question is how do I hook up the crossovers and speakers to the stock head unit? I would assume to replace old crossovers with these new ones but does the oem car even have crosovers? My corolla has the 6 speaker setup with the tweeters up front.

Are your 6.5s coaxial? It kinda sounds that way. What I'm looking to get is the component set right here. My big question is how do I hook up the crossovers and speakers to the stock head unit? I would assume to replace old crossovers with these new ones but does the oem car even have crossovers? My corolla has the 6 speaker setup with the tweeters up front.
I don't know a whole lot about speakers and I probably didn't do it right but I assume you could just use the existing wires that are there, that is what I have done. Unless you think that you need higher quality wires. I believe there is a factory crossover between the door speakers and the tweeters, they are run in parallel.

I also suggest Memphis speakers like the guy above.... i Have 2 6.5 Memphis speakers in the back and 2 ARC speakers in the front.....and i took the cheaper route and used a power pack to amp my speakers...( a power pack hooks up straight to ur stock headunit...no need to wire to all speakers)....Also i have a Memphis AMP for my sub....its a good loud setup