Working on sound proofing the car.

Imgur Album Here.

2018 Corolla LE

Recently went on a 12 hour trip when I realized how awful the road noise coming into the car was. Decided I would do 2 out of the 3 steps before our next 12 hour trip in a few weeks. This first step you see me outlining the spots I'm going to put the Noico sound deadener. I've outlined the front doors, all the trunk(lid, inner fenders, under speakers, etc), rear seat cushion, and will be doing the rear doors tomorrow.

Next layer is Reflectix. I don't really expect much from this, but combined with our ceramic window tint I'm hoping to make the car even more insulated.

I used an application on my phone, and it registered 70-75 db without music going. Third step I'll do Mass Loaded Vinyl on all the same areas. Eventually I'll do the roof and floor, but I'm not feeling that adventurous.

A friend of mine put a Dynamat type material under his carpet, in the trunk, and in the doors of his Honda Accord. He said the car was quieter but the biggest improvement was in the music. He is able to hear his music a lot better. Its as if he upgraded his stereo he said.