1989 Corolla Distributor - HELP!

I have a 89 corolla and replaced the ignition control module, had to remove the dist. got it all back together but i think the timing is off now.
Can anyone walk me thru removal and replacing the dist. correctly.
Thanks sohcphreek

The wires man.

I believe that on your car, the plug wires come with and are connected to the distributor cap.
The cap is only held on with three or so screws and It only fits on one way so its pretty fool proof. Use the grease supplied!
If you pulled the whole unit it might need to be replaced with a new one, little things break when removing parts off an old car and it only fits on one way.
Unless you have the motor apart.... :eek:
Other than that, Try adjusting your carb.

corolla 89

My car when cold starts and runs great, can drive 65 for over an hour, then get off the freeway and drive city lights and it sputters and when i give it gas it jumps around and sputters unless I floor it. New cap/rotor/ & wires are installed. new fuel filter. could this be the ECM I installed after it gets warmed up doesnt act right?

Run the engine, then pop the hood and start lightly tugging on wires. If the car starts to freak out when you are tugging on a wire, that is the culprit. Sounds like something may be lose. The ECM doesn't take an hour to get warmed up so I don't think that is it.

Do you have a tachometer? When the Duraspark II module in my '82 GT was starting to nose dive, the car was incredibly difficult to start and when it was running, the engine would completely power off, tach would drop to 0 for a few seconds, then the tach would show engine speed again and the engine would work.