2.4 L engine

Just curious does anyone know if the 11th gen corollas can be fitted with the camry engine like the 09 xrs corolla? And to follow up do you ladies or gents thinks it worth to try or just wait and see what the 2017 xrs brings?

You'd think, but they had a poor power curve and are bad oil burners (there is currently a class action suit for oil consumption in those engines), plus Toyota stated 154 hp, but I have yet to lose to a Tc in my '14 Corolla S that makes less horsepower. Toyota ditched that motor quick and switched to the 2.5

The 1.8 VVTL-i in the '05 XRS is the same engine that was in the earlier Celica GT-S. It made 180 hp stock and there is a big aftermarket for mods for those engines.

You'd think, but they had a poor power curve and are bad oil burners (there is currently a class action suit for oil consumption in those engines), plus Toyota stated 154 hp, but I have yet to lose to a Tc in my '14 Corolla S that makes less horsepower. Toyota ditched that motor quick and switched to the 2.5

The 1.8 VVTL-i in the '05 XRS is the same engine that was in the earlier Celica GT-S. It made 180 hp stock and there is a big aftermarket for mods for those engines.
Oh shit I do like me the celica. I guess I have more research to do thanks guys appreciate the feed back.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the engine in our Corolla is used in the Lotus Elisse (granted with stronger internals). Monkey Wrench Racing actually has built internals for the 2ZR-FE, so if you were looking at building a motor from the ground up, that would be a route to take, then you wouldn't have to switch out the wiring harness, motor mounts, transmission, and PCM (just need a tune for your build).