20,000 miles Hum/Drone

At highway speeds the car will occasionally hum or drone on or off. Probably for a total like 5% of an entire highway drive. I don't recall it ever doing this in the past.

There is no rhyme or reason and no issue other than at highway speeds. Any idea or has anyone else had the same issue?

2015 Corolla S

Found it at 21,2XX. Discovered when rotating tires. Inside sidewall. You can even see where the chunk edge is rounded from hitting the road.
hohooooly shit. Looks like a car goblin took a nice bite out of your tire. Probably as an afternoon snack.
All seriousness though, you should get that replaced ASAP. You don't wanna blow out going 60.

I don't know about everyone on the board, but I really do not like the stock Hankook Optimo H426 tires that came on my car. They are sub-par in every way. Seems crazy that a car manufacturer would spend years and billions to develop and build a new model, and then equip it with crappy, $62 tires.

I've notices a low frequency hum (like a "wup - wup - wup") on the highway at about 65mph. I am assuming it is the tires as they are beginning to wear. I am considering replacing them with Michelin Premier A/S tires, as they are very highly rated (check out http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ear=2015&autoModel=Corolla&autoModClar=LE Eco).