2001 Corolla Engine Swap?

hey guys just trying to figure out a engine i can swap my old 1.8 with we all know there no good and im not taking the time out to tear the one in my car down to rebuild it because i work alot so i need the car moving butttt i will buy the engine and work on it in the garage till its ready to drop down in the car. i need suggestions on what motor would be good to drop down in there what engine will hold more hp because i want to turbo it. i just need some answers. buting the wiring harness and the computer is not a huge deal because most likely i will buy it out of a junk car and fix it up help me out plz

hey guys just trying to figure out a engine i can swap my old 1.8 with we all know there no good and im not taking the time out to tear the one in my car down to rebuild it because i work alot so i need the car moving butttt i will buy the engine and work on it in the garage till its ready to drop down in the car. i need suggestions on what motor would be good to drop down in there what engine will hold more hp because i want to turbo it. i just need some answers. buting the wiring harness and the computer is not a huge deal because most likely i will buy it out of a junk car and fix it up help me out plz
Does your state have annual safety and emissions testing the vehicle must pass?

Yes, you may need new motor mounts (and you'll need the PCM but you stated that as a non-issue) but it will fit.

Scott, I know in California, you can swap in a new engine as long as 1) The engine came from the same year or newer, and 2) All emissions devices that are necessary for the new motor to pass are installed.

I researched this when I was contemplating adding a 5.0 Ti-VCT in my '96 GT. Of course, other states may vary.

Before an engine swap is performed, it's very prudent to verify that the swap is emissions legal. Otherwise a lot of money is spent and a lot of work is done on a car that can't be legally registered and inspected, making it a driveway only queen.

it wouldn't make sense to go after an older model year engine so 03 or newer swap would make snese. Anyone on here can chim e in to see if this can be done?