2001 Corolla Hard Starting

I have a 2001 with 185000 on it, it has always been very babied and well maintained with no mechanical issues ever and all of a sudden got an issue; when starting it with the engine at ambient temp it starts very hard. when it fires it idles very rough at under 500rpms for a couple seconds then revs up to about 2000 rpms for a few seconds and then settles down but is still rougher than normal at idle. the other night is got down to 35 and would barely fire. previous winters 20 or 30 below was no problem for ir. any help with what would cause this issue would be greatly appreciated. thanks Zach

Kev250R

This is my other car
First things first, are you getting a 'Check Engine' light? If so do you know what code is being stored? Has any work been done on the car recently?

Total shot-in-the-dark here but you may want to the check the air intake tube (large tube which runs between your air filter housing and the Throttle Body). There are a couple of places where that tube has clamps, you may want to make sure all of those clamps are tight, that the tube is in good shape (no holes or cracks) and is securely attached to the filter housing and the Throttle Body.

More importantly, where is it 35 Degrees right now?! It was 104 where I live and work today :(

Kevin

There is no check engine light, intake tubing is all secure and intact, and maf sensor is clean. About 6000 miles ago the intake plenum was cleaned and other than that nothing other than routine maintenance.

Kev250R

This is my other car
If the plugs and coils check-out I would have the fuel pressure checked to make sure the fuel system is working properly. Do these cars have a 'Cold Start Injector?'

Kevin