2003 Corolla - Number of Speakers?

Hello. I would like to install a six speaker audio system in my 2003 Corolla. Can I correctly assume that there are tweeter speakers in the grills on the inside of the sideview mirrors and the necessary wires? Any way I can find instructions and information about this radio? The 2 tweeters are not producing sound.

Thank you,

Ed S.

Turn your bass and mid all the way down, and your treble all the way up. It may be hard to hear the sound specifically coming from them with your door speaker blasting. Or turn the volume to 1 and hold your ear to it.

If they aren't working, then they just need to be replaced ... but that is odd that they would quit out on you...

It's a Corolla LE. This is what bugs me. Toyotas remind of American cars. There is always something missing. I'm fairly sure there are tweeters behind the grills. Does anyone know if the Corolla LE model with the radio/CD player/cassette player was a 6-speaker radio?

Ed

Edit: I think it came with a 4-speaker audio system, with an upgrade option for a 6-speaker audio system. The 4-speaker system sucks. All the sound is in the back speakers. If I adjust the sound for more front sound level, the sound is worst than those old pocket AM radios.

Last edited:
Hey guys not sure about the le but my s has 6 speakers system (not jbl). My recomendation for better sound is to upgrade the headunit, a double din would fit nicely and you can adjust the speaker balance to a higher degree. I think the sound quality will improve greatly and you can hook up your ipod or phone. I have a single din pioneer in mine it works great for me i also added a memphis 1000w amp and a 15" memphis mojo subwoofer in a custom box. When it comes to the speakers themselfs stock speakers are crappy but easy to upgrade, i plan on upgrading to focals when i find some for the right price. If you need car audio help such as brand selection i might be able to help, but keep in mind with speakers you usually get what you paid for. Check out sonic electronics they have a great store and if you dont want to use their website they have a store on ebay, they also have a good return policy.

Last edited: