2004 Corolla Wont Start/Electrical Problem

I'm helping a friend out with his car. Out of nowhere it wouldn't start, no turn over just dead, all the dash lights, power window/doors, radio work when you turn the key but when you turn it to start nothing, no noise even with a jump. I've swapped battery, alternator, starter relay, pulled the starter and had tested. solenoid and starter tested fine. Swapped the ignition switch, checked fuses... the works. Still doing the same thing. I've checked the terminals and theirs no crazy corrosion. I'm pulling my hair out trying to be a nice guy and helping a friend out now I need help. Thank you for your time

krisv17 - How are you making out with this problem? Updates?
So! Here is what happened. I get new Terminals, and still the old wiring did not look bad. I swapped the ignition switch still gets the same result...nothing! Decided to, frustratingly retrace all my steps. Than I thought of old solenoids where you take a hammer to them and it works. Tried it started right up :) so I started testing this, let it run for a minute long enough for the solenoid to get hot. Try to start it and nothing, hit It with a hammer and then it starts up. So taking the starter out and getting it tested, could of demagnetize the solenoid in the process for it to pass at AutoZone. The starter that comes with the solenoid is cheaper than just buying the solenoid separately and it's a special order, and most of the time they always keep starters in stock.

I'm helping a friend out with his car. Out of nowhere it wouldn't start, no turn over just dead, all the dash lights, power window/doors, radio work when you turn the key but when you turn it to start nothing, no noise even with a jump. I've swapped battery, alternator, starter relay, pulled the starter and had tested. solenoid and starter tested fine. Swapped the ignition switch, checked fuses... the works. Still doing the same thing. I've checked the terminals and theirs no crazy corrosion. I'm pulling my hair out trying to be a nice guy and helping a friend out now I need help. Thank you for your time

So! Here is what happened. I get new Terminals, and still the old wiring did not look bad. I swapped the ignition switch still gets the same result...nothing! Decided to, frustratingly retrace all my steps. Than I thought of old solenoids where you take a hammer to them and it works. Tried it started right up :) so I started testing this, let it run for a minute long enough for the solenoid to get hot. Try to start it and nothing, hit It with a hammer and then it starts up. So taking the starter out and getting it tested, could of demagnetize the solenoid in the process for it to pass at AutoZone. The starter that comes with the solenoid is cheaper than just buying the solenoid separately and it's a special order, and most of the time they always keep starters in stock.
I'll give it a try.

I had a similar issue and replaced the starter. That fixed the problem. Also I suspect that the ground wire to the starter may have been the problem from the beginning, as it was quite corroded. I had already ordered the new starter, so I didn't bother with the old one anymore. Those starters with solenoid are surprisingly cheap!
Glad you got it figured out.