2007 Corolla CE - Trouble With Uneven Roads

My Corolla is an automatic with ~107000 miles. Within the last few weeks I've had the front right wheel bearing replaced and had the car's alignment checked. I don't have the specs with me right now, but after the alignment my left rear tire was slightly out of factory specifications for toe but the overall ratings for the front and back were within the recommended range.

I've noticed the right rear tire seems to slide occasionally when turning or taking a sharp curve. I thought that might just be the tires, which I will now probably replace even though they have plenty of tread. However, today I drove through a long stretch where the road was slightly uneven, and I had to hold the steering to the right at close to a 20-25 degree angle just to keep the car going straight. Other cars were going 65-70...I didn't even approach that speed. Any idea what could cause that? It drives straight on level roads and the car handles speed bumps just fine.

The tire pressures are all still at 30 psi.

On an uneven road, you always gotta have the steering wheel angled for the car to track straight. I'm wondering why they left the driver side rear tire slightly out of factory toe. Were they lazy, or was the car previously in an accident?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Your alignment is off, you need to get that readjusted again, Even if you get a new tire, you still must get an alignment.

If you do not know the roads, you will take for granted that something is wrong, car first, then road second.

The Wheel bearing job included that rear alignment, the mechanic, might have ran through the electronic machine to fast. I go back and tell them, it needs adjusting?

I have gone to a shop that adjusted the alignment three times, before they got it right.

1. wheel was supposed to be Centered the steering wheel that is, etc...