2009 Climate Control

I have a 2009 Corolla le, I recently have had a problem with the knob that changes the air from dash and floor to defrost. The heat and AC work but it is stuck on the dash. Winter is coming and I need my defrost to work. Any suggestions?

Does the 09 have electric or vaccuum controlled blend doors?

All vehicles blend doors default in the vent position, meaning that if you have a vacuum leak and they are vacuum controlled then your A/C will switch to vent.

If they are electrically controlled than the same thing goes but you're looking at an electrical issue with the blend door motor.

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

GoldMedalSyntheticOils.com

They are electrically controlled. I have heard the motors tend to go bad, I am hoping this isn't the case and it is an easier fix.
How easy is it to get to the blend door motor? The best thing to do would be to get the wiring diagram and check for proper voltage/ground at the harness to motor connector. If that is difficult to get to, move to the next connector up the line.

They make cars so difficult to work on. That's why I'll never be a professional auto tech. No sir-y, bob.

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

In my '09 Corolla, it seems the side vents emit air no matter if the dial is set to 0. For years, auto makers have engineered at least some air to be pumped into the cabin for the sake of safety. When set to 0, air is emitted from my car's side vents, but the center vents shut off completely.

Hope this helps--Cheers

The law is that manufacturers must have air systems default their ducting to the vent position should an error occur (like a broken motor). His issue is that, no matter where the knob is set, it only comes out of the defrost vents and will not come out any other vents. It will not change from defrosf to chest or feet or what-have-you.