2009 Corolla - Bodywork Opinion

I need opinions on getting new front end body pieces for my 2009 Corolla. I didn't really want to go to a body shop and get a quote until I have some money. But thought I'd come online and ask.

I need either 2 or 3 pieces.. or maybe that front

I have an 09 Corolla. When I first got it I bumped into something while parking. I pulled up a little too far. The license plate got a little dented, but the piece underneath it cracked. Not really an issue so I left it alone.

Forward a few years.. I had never hit a deer in my life, but the radio station was discussing deer stories.. as soon as they talked about it on the radio last year, I hit not one, but two deer withint a few months time. There was actually a third one I won't count since there was no body damage. Crazy.

So, anyway here's a picture:

#1 - Where I hit the curb or whatever.. cracked bottom.

#2 - The deer hits the black grill and it's mostly in one piece, but definitely broken.

#3 - Second deer.. runs out of woods into side of my car. Dent above the wheel.

Where the two panels connect together near the passenger headlight, there's some rust. That piece does not clip back in properly, so it's loose.

So, what do you think? Do I go for Toyota product only or look at some aftermarket parts? If I go with genuine Toyota stuff, do you they will still have to do color matching / painting?

Expensive to buy the parts? I briefly looked on Google.. looks like I have to buy everything in one.. not just what I need?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
no pictures?

gen Toyota is the way to go, parts can be matched color by any shop.

hitting deer can be very dangerous. it may be against the law in some states to leave the scene. so be careful....

Rockauto.com has OEM as well as aftermarket parts. Without pictures though we can't do anything, because it may be possible to repair instead of replace.

And yes, you will still have to paint. Most parts come in primer, but some companies do offer painted panels but at a higher price.