2009 Corolla CE - Toyota Oil Filter Wrench

Thank you fishycomics for great videos like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSefOC_kjU

But handa-accessories.com does no deliver to Canada.
"Currently, we only service purchases made from United States. All purchases must be made from within the US with a US bank issued credit card with matching US billing address."

And 25$ for Filter Wrench it very expensive compare to eBay 8$.

BTW
fishycomics, Why did you move from Corolla 2010 to 2013?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSefOC_kjU

"Currently, we only service purchases made from United States. All purchases must be made from within the US with a US bank issued credit card with matching US billing address."

BTW

Still driven, it, the 2010, leased a 2013. my thumb goes to the down side of that year big time.

If you can find a place to purchase that particular socket, you be good. Sometimes you'll pay now on ebay and will pay later. for sure , be careful of counterfeits, cheap one's and garbage.

And thank you . why I am Da man..Lol took my time to demonstrate the simplicity of an oil change, read the comments and you'll see many thanks and some critics all good Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSefOC_kjU

BTW
If you go cheap, you get cheap.

Quality pays! :thumbsup:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
2013. Slugish, no power. and like anything in this World you see what they cut corners on, nothing bad.

This come from a person who has many years of driving, not me. m And I totally agree. Not all 2013' s are bad just this one! And there is no fix or tsb cure, it is the year.

Do not get a local Auto store one get the Dealers socket

ships to other countries

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Honda-S...1204781581&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

same less expensive worldwide
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wrench-HOND...0962149989&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

take the time to look for them

fishycomics

Super Moderator
If you go cheap, you get cheap.

Quality pays! :thumbsup:
One of things we should not do is use those free socket sets on the car, but I use them on the Job, reasons why they are one time uses in a way, you can strip the tool and hurt your hands when they snap. WHy on the job, I can care less if stolen.

Snap on are be coming better than Craftsmans. and Husky are the one's most buy at home depot, as well Harbor freight.

there is a right tool, for the right job

I totally agree

How much ?????

Yesterday, I discovered that a special tool was required to remove the oil filter(housing) on my 2013 S I went to the dealer to get the factory(or made for Toyota ?) part(09228-06500-02A)
I figured that the fit/quality would be excellent I didn't figure on the price : $59.95 - outrageous An oil filter, however, was reasonable : $6.48 this was cheaper than a Fram at Walmart

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Yes back then I thought the price for the socket I got was expensive, today online I find parts less expensive and the rest is history. an oil filter socket will pay in the long run. for sure

fishycomics

Super Moderator
So should I do the video over and use what type then?, you must give me a good reason, a very good reason? Not insulting at all.

We are told Dealer recommends and that is what we all should use, and yet we do what? The opposite. Run, from the dealer!

Tight tolerances demand synthetic oil and a low weight. Using GTX 5w20 on a 2ZR is going to give you problems when the oil can't properly lubricate rotating assemblies at tight tolerances. That leads to carbonization and sludge build up.

fishycomics;11762]So should I do the video over and use what type then?, you must give me a good reason, a very good reason? Not insulting at all.
Use what Toyota Inc. states; a 0W-20 synthetic motor oil and not a petroleum oil that can cause engine damage not covered under warranty.
We are told Dealer recommends and that is what we all should use, and yet we do what? The opposite. Run, from the dealer!
The required 0W-20 synthetic motor oil for virtually all newer Toyota engines is not a Toyota dealer recommendation, but a requirement from Toyota Inc.

At an ever increasing pace, petroleum oils are quickly being sent to the ash heap of history, where they belong! :thumbup::clap::thumbup1:

Yes. Oil pan drain is a 14mm. If it is on tight, you can use the box end of the wrench and use your foot and push on it to break it loose. Tighten it with just your pointer and middle finger on the wrench and that will get you close enough to torque specs.

You don't want to overtighten the bolt or you'll strip out the threads after a few changes, and oil pans aren't cheap (looking at a good $150 for a new one).