2009 Corolla S Turbo Thread Build

I plan on turboing my 2010 corolla Le with the 4-speed auto, but how would i tune it? do i need a piggyback or can i use the pcmflash that i’ve been using to tune my car? i just want to know if the OE Ecu can handle boost

I plan on turboing my 2010 corolla Le with the 4-speed auto, but how would i tune it? do i need a piggyback or can i use the pcmflash that i’ve been using to tune my car? i just want to know if the OE Ecu can handle boost
The tuning option is up to you. Check on the website for Turbokits and see what tuning options are available from them. You can also have a stand alone ECU done locally to you but that is more expensive then a piggyback. I'm using the AEM F/IC piggyback and if you get it from Turbokits it comes with a base tune that was very close to my final tune per my local tuner. Check with Jesse at TKC about tuning options if you aren't sure. He's super nice and very easy to talk too. He told me not long ago that they were selling a lot of turbo kits for the 2ZR Corolla.

The OEM ECU can't handle boost as it's not tuned to know what to do with positive vacuum pressure when the turbo is producing boost. Tuning the car is very important so don't skimp on this part. The PCM flash you have is virtually worthless.