2012 Corolla LE -Looking for Feedback on Steering

Deenz

Hi Everyone,

I put down a deposit on a 2012 Corolla LE and am now rethinking my purchase due to negative consumer reviews regarding the electric power steering. If there are any 2012 owners out there, can you please give me your feedback on the steering. Is it hard to control on the highway like some people say? Does it veer from right to left? Does it require constant adjustment and tight grip to remain in the centre lane? Does this happen all the time or only during windy days?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

I have a 2014 with the EPS, and my girlfriend has a 2010 with the EPS. Took a little getting used to (different feel from power steering) but I don't notice the difference anymore and am used to it.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Electric assist, or whatever. driven 1500 miles again. And back to my 2010. Mind over matter. all I can say.

Knowing the car sways in wind.

Guess the newer these corolla's get they improve the things,

I have a 10. All around I adore my car the steering is awkward to say the least. You really do get used to it though. There is no real road feel in the steering wheel and it is sensitive. On a positive note you can do a u-turn with your pinkie.

Deenz

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think no matter what it will be an adjustment for me because I drive a 2002 Buick right now so I'm used to very heavy steering. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a safety issue which it doesn't sound like it is.

I have a 2013 and my first EPS ever. Took a few weeks but I got used to it and the hang of it now. No feed back to mention but it is variable and easy to use.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
find the fuse or lead and pull it to where you can place back on, and you have the manual feel. We all love the power assist. not some computer assist. Lol

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think no matter what it will be an adjustment for me because I drive a 2002 Buick right now so I'm used to very heavy steering. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a safety issue which it doesn't sound like it is.
Heh, I started out driving a 1982 Mustang GT.

My first new car was a 2003 Ford Focus. Bought it and drove that around for a while, then decided to get back into the Mustang, and wow. I felt like I was summoning super-human strength to push the clutch in to start the car back up.

Then a couple weeks later I switched back to the Focus, and almost put the clutch pedal through the floor ... whoops ...

Although nothing beats the invisible clutch when you are switching to an automatic ... I swear they make the brake pedal bigger in automatics to laugh at stickshift drivers...