2014 Corolla - Adding Fog Lights

Wanting opinions

I'm planning on ordering a fog light kit for my LE but trying to decide if I should buy a kit with halogen bulbs and replace them with an LED bulb. Replacing the assemblies with LED assemblies like this http://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-type-t.html#.VJWTY14AHI. Or just buying a whole kit like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Toyota...iter_Display:1.8L&hash=item4ad859fe11&vxp=mtr. Which would y'all recommend? The eBay kit is supposed to be the same one I can order from a Toyota dealership. I'm just wanting opinions thanks

Last edited:
Hi, did you get your new fog lights? The Corolla 2015 L I got, didn't have them, so I decided to pay extra so the dealer would install them. I think the money was kind of wasted as I hardly see there is a difference with the fog lights on. They have been adjusted, but I realize that it has to do with the height of the car and the height of the dashboard, both high thus blocking the sight of the road in a certain way, or perhaps because they are not the original. Please see what other have to say before you spend your money...

fog lights are not meant to illuminate the road in front. When driving at night in fog the light will bounce off the water particles right back in your face. Try your brights and you see what happens. What fog are meant to do is give off light low to the ground and off to the sides so it does not shine back at ya and at least a driver can see the the painted lines. I know on my 2013 (factory fogs) if I look at the front corner of my hood I can tell if they are on or not.

Last edited:
You are right in every aspect, when I turn mine on, I can't tell any difference at all, I forgot to mention that the ones I got are not factory fog lamps, even though good quality, perhaps that has to do with it.

Last edited:
After I installed the Nokya yellow fog light bulbs(not the HID or LED bulbs), I did notice that the road in front of me is a bit more illuminated. Not much, maybe 20%-40% brighter.

Fog lights

Thanks, yes, the fog lights have been aimed once, but I will check them again at the next service. Perhaps it would help to change the bulbs, I don't really know if the bulbs are the problem. I will keep you posted.

How do you, guys, control the fog lights? Did you install the switch, just like the one that comes with the car when you buy it with this option?

Jlinn

what are the exact sizes of the fog lights and the lights on the corolla i'm thinking about getting the purple violet lighting for mines but not sure which bulb to get.