2014 Corolla - Borla?

I have been looking into the borla 11897 however it says its ONLY for the s model... will it fit the le or are the hangers/exhaust different? Also can anyone say it may increase hp or mpg?

It probably won't change your hp and mpg figures much, but since it is less restrictive, torque will be slightly reduced, horsepower will slightly increase, and mileage will be slightly reduced in theory. The changes will most likely be insignificant.

As far as the LE goes ... I dunno ... they look the same to me with the S just having the chrome tip to be honest, but just know that if you get it, you might have to make slight modifications.

Kev250R

This is my other car
In my opinion, buy a stereo for your car. It's something which you'll likely get much more use out of than an exhaust. In some cases adding a larger exhaust will actually hurt performance since (in essence) the exhaust system and the intake system of a modern car are balanced.

In order for a performance exhaust to make a real difference in HP you need to start at the intake and work your way back. Adding a less-restrictive exhaust without (at minimum) opening-up the intake with a less-restrictave air filter, then cylinder heads and you'll still have a bottleneck at the catalytic converter. In short, adding a high-performance, free-flowing exhaust without doing the whole package would be like wearing one super-expensive running shoe and one cheap one and expecting that wearing that one shoe will make you a better runner.

Plus you'll be able to turn-down a new stereo system if your neighbors decide that it's too loud. Hard to do that with an exhaust system :laughing:

Kevin

I used to do 158db in a cobalt sedan with two fi ssd 18s walled. Not really into stereos anymore... especially since the cobalt had a busted windshield busted back window, broken Sun roof, and water leaked into the trunk. Actually got the trunk welded shut lol... Also I do have a takeda intake installed.

Just go get a magnaflow muffler for $80 and have it installed. The difference between magnaflow mufflers and borla mufflers is: Magnaflow muffler use a straight through design, minimal restriction. The borla mufflers use chambers inside their mufflers to achieve a specific sound. The magnaflow I have is a 2.25". The oem size is a little less than 2". Here is a video of the magnaflow sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNTlt4Cj6nE&list=UUowhNkDTQfkmLcsWhyKKkfg&spfreload=10

It will probably reduce horsepower, torque, throttle response and fuel economy. A little four cylinder economy car engine doesn't create very much exhaust anyway.