2014 Corolla - Changing Mirrors

I'm wanting to switch my factory heated mirrors for the one's with the turn signals built in like on the S models does anyone know if they use the same plug and if I'll have to tap into the turn signals? Thanks in advance. Sorry just noticed someone already asked but no one gave a definite answer.

Last edited:
Wouldn't work tapping off the power wire since the turn signals would only fire in defrost mode ... if you pull off the interior panel that covers the mirror, you might see an extra plug there that would be used for the turn signals.

Wouldn't work tapping off the power wire since the turn signals would only fire in defrost mode ... if you pull off the interior panel that covers the mirror, you might see an extra plug there that would be used for the turn signals.
I contacted a local dealership and they said the plugs look the same but other companies that sell the mirrors say they won't work since the car didn't come with it. Is there anyway I can wire it up to make the turn signals in the mirrors work?

What you'd be looking for then, is the plug that goes into the plug for the mirror. It is probably a 4-pin plug. 2 wires for ground, 1 wire for signal lead, and 1 wire for defrost lead. If this plug has 4 wires going into the plug, then it should work. If it only has two wires going in, you would have to tap into the turn signal circuit in the junction box and add the wiring yourself for both the signal lead and the ground.

That's what you would look for. Your mirror would only use 2 of those 4 wires, while mine would use all 4 since I have the integrated signals.

What you'd be looking for then, is the plug that goes into the plug for the mirror. It is probably a 4-pin plug. 2 wires for ground, 1 wire for signal lead, and 1 wire for defrost lead. If this plug has 4 wires going into the plug, then it should work. If it only has two wires going in, you would have to tap into the turn signal circuit in the junction box and add the wiring yourself for both the signal lead and the ground.

That's what you would look for. Your mirror would only use 2 of those 4 wires, while mine would use all 4 since I have the integrated signals.
I can't find anyone with an S model to let me look at plugs for the mirrors since you have to take the door panel off to access it. How can I find out what the plugs look like on the mirrors with the turn signals?

If the dealer stated that the plugs are the same, then the only difference should be that the defrost-only mirror will use 2 out of the 4 pins, while the defrost+signal mirror will use all 4 pins. What is important, is making sure that you have 4 wires going into this connection, and not just two.

If the dealer stated that the plugs are the same, then the only difference should be that the defrost-only mirror will use 2 out of the 4 pins, while the defrost+signal mirror will use all 4 pins. What is important, is making sure that you have 4 wires going into this connection, and not just two.
There's 5 pins coming out the factory wiring into the mirrors the wires coming off the mirrors themselves are black, brown, green, blue and yellow and the one's that plug into the mirrors are white with black stripe, red, pink, yellow and white.

Hmmmmm ... it may use a different connection if all 5 wires are used, because you would need a separate wire for the turn signal lamps since they can't possibly share with the defrost lead or the motor leads.