2014 Corolla Exhuast

So I got my exhuast today for my corolla Borla to be exact and I'm planning to put it on this weekend. But has anyone removed the cat and got any better performance of any way? Or how it sounds ? Muffler shop charges me $100 for installing my exhuast and removing cat

Attachments

Jlinn

When I went to the shop to ask about my resonator the guy told me he could take mines off and my converters and put a bolt on kit until I have to smog it

Same here it's sounds amazing I didn't know this car had to cats but I'm thinking of just taking of the resonator becuase the shop told me that the dealer could void my warranty if I take my cats of

Jlinn

Did you see the flowmaster scavenger x pipe on car I'd for the Corolla??? Looks good but not sure if it will fit my car

It wouldn't be a true X pipe for an I4 engine ... X pipes are for V configuration engines. V6, V8, V10, etc.

X pipe takes one bank of cylinders and another bank of cylinders and crosses the pipes after the catalytic converter but before the muffler. They sound beautiful but if you have to drop the transmission, you gotta drop the entire exhaust system because the cross-over usually happens near the output shaft-end of the transmission.

Also, dual exhaust on a 4-banger is super rice .. unless it's a boxer-4 turbo that actually needs the exhaust flow.

The Borla muffler is specifically designed for the Corolla. It's slightly more free flowing so you lose a touch of torque on the bottom of the powerband, but you get back some horsepower on the top end.

Usually it is the diameter of the exhaust, the catalytic converter, and the size of the exhaust valves that make the biggest impact on the flow-rate and backpressure of the exhaust.

Increasing pipe diameter / Reducing back pressure = more top end, less bottom end.
Decreasing pipe diameter / Increasing back pressure = less top end, more bottom end (to a point, if you go too small on the diameter or have too much back pressure the entire curve will suffer).

It wouldn't be a true X pipe for an I4 engine ... X pipes are for V configuration engines. V6, V8, V10, etc.

X pipe takes one bank of cylinders and another bank of cylinders and crosses the pipes after the catalytic converter but before the muffler. They sound beautiful but if you have to drop the transmission, you gotta drop the entire exhaust system because the cross-over usually happens near the output shaft-end of the transmission.

Also, dual exhaust on a 4-banger is super rice .. unless it's a boxer-4 turbo that actually needs the exhaust flow.

The Borla muffler is specifically designed for the Corolla. It's slightly more free flowing so you lose a touch of torque on the bottom of the powerband, but you get back some horsepower on the top end.

Usually it is the diameter of the exhaust, the catalytic converter, and the size of the exhaust valves that make the biggest impact on the flow-rate and backpressure of the exhaust.

Increasing pipe diameter / Reducing back pressure = more top end, less bottom end.
Decreasing pipe diameter / Increasing back pressure = less top end, more bottom end (to a point, if you go too small on the diameter or have too much back pressure the entire curve will suffer).

Mind=Blown

Can anyone post a link for performance exhaust that is compatible for the 2014 LE? I only see the S-type Borla but I'm unsure if it is compatible for LE model.

Well I like the TRD because I work for Toyota so I got it cheap. And when you are talking with Bluetooth the other person can still hear you haha

Trying to find an exhaust that doesn't sound too ricer and still improves performance. Which would y'all recommend?
None because a simple muffler replacement doesn't do anything but change sound. Unless you plan on putting on a header with a full exhaust and tuning the engine, performance is out of the question from this little engine.

get the borla bolt on, they have a deep growl which no other muffler can replicate, its the only muffler that combines a low rumble with a nice sound with ought being too zippy or rice....

i bought mine from and upcoming website called Jet.com for 234$...i got it for a steal because everywhere else it is 320$(guess they didn't know how to price there item, but since then they raised the price to 365$, probably to recuperate some loss haha xD)