2014 Corolla - Head Unit

when i had purchased my S plus i did not realize that it did not come with the head unit containing the apps/gps on it. i thought the S "plus" version would. maybe it just comes standard on the premium S.

well my question is, can i just buy the S premium head unit and install it on mine with no issue regarding the new applications? (wondering if its plug n play)

You can but it won't be cheap.

Even the basic head units are in the thousands. I'd keep an eye out on junkyards. Corolla is the best selling car so there is going to be one with the Entune Premium eventually.

It is only standard on the LE Premium, LE Eco Premium, S Premium, and S Plus 6MT. The LE Plus, LE Eco Plus, and S Plus CVT requires a package.

My S+ had all the apps, i dont understand but I dont know about yours for sure. The only problem you may have is the antenna, ive read where some antennas on tacomas are NON- GPS so check before you spend a bunch of money. i want nav on my tacoma but my antenna may not be compatable. But just FYI, the NAV radios start about $450 and up used at least for tacomas.

My S+ had all the apps, i dont understand but I dont know about yours for sure. The only problem you may have is the antenna, ive read where some antennas on tacomas are NON- GPS so check before you spend a bunch of money. i want nav on my tacoma but my antenna may not be compatable. But just FYI, the NAV radios start about $450 and up used at least for tacomas.
really? thanks allot on the heads up. ill check then.