2014 Corolla Sport LED Lights/HID Headlights

Hi Guys I just wanted to share the light upgrades I did to my corolla sport. Sorry the pictures are not the best, I took them with my Iphone. But I hope you guys get the idea.

High Beam Head Lights
  • http://www.hidkitwarehouse.com/product
  • 10000K with slim ballast. I did not need the problem eliminator or relay harness.
  • Took about 10 minutes a side to install
  • I love these lights and would not trade them for anything. Has a small warm up time but they are great lights.

IMG_0482.jpg IMG_0483.jpg

LED Map Lights/Dome Light

IMG_0472.jpg IMG_0473.jpg IMG_0475.jpg

LED Plate Lights

• Bulbs Took about 10 minutes to change. IMG_0481.jpg
LED Backup Lights
  • 194 LED Bulb - 6 SMD LED Wedge Base Tower (Quantity 2)
  • Bulbs Took about 10 minutes to change.
IMG_0487.jpg IMG_0488.jpg

LED Taillight/Brake Light
  • 7443 LED Bulb - Dual Intensity 36 High Power LEDs (Quantity 2)
  • Bulbs Took about 20 minutes to change.
  • I dont suggest these light for this car. they dont fit in the socket. I broke the glass around the led light and then had to file the base a little.
  • I do love them even though i had to modify them.
IMG_0478.jpg IMG_0486.jpg

Any Questions just ask. I hope this helps anyone thinking about changing their lights.
The HID cost me $50 and the total of all LEDs cost me $100. The only lights I have left to do are my fog lights and my turn signals.

If you like yellow fogs, Nokya NOK9618 is the way to go. If you prefer white driving lights, then the Morimoto kit from TRS is the way to go (Type T I think).

I did all of my lights except for the turn signals and the high beams. Will do those later.

Jcurtis, new member here,(got a great deal on a 2-year lease for my 2015 Slate LE Plus) and I was just wondering how difficult the license plate lights are to change? I saw in the owners manual it said to remove the trunk liner, but is there another way to do it? Thanks in advance. Car looks sick by the way.

You have to pull a couple of the pins holding the liner on. Then you push the tabs together on the light and push them out towards your plate. It's the only way to do it. It is very easy and takes just a couple minutes

from the outside you push the right side of the clear light cap to the left and lift it and then pull out the other side, its meant to be done from the outside.

Jcurtis, new member here,(got a great deal on a 2-year lease for my 2015 Slate LE Plus) and I was just wondering how difficult the license plate lights are to change? I saw in the owners manual it said to remove the trunk liner, but is there another way to do it? Thanks in advance. Car looks sick by the way.

from the outside you push the right side of the clear light cap to the left and lift it and then pull out the other side, its meant to be done from the outside.

Everything I read said you have to push the lights out from the inside and then change the bulbs from the outside. This is how I did it as well.

any chance you could repost the links to your LED's ? I remember trying to upgrade my LED's to it would help improve my rear back up camera's visibility at night. thanks!

You don't need to pull the license plate light assembly at all.

Remove the 4 pins from the trunk liner, grab the clear bulb socket, twist left, remove, pull out old bulb, install LED bulb, place clear socket back on light assembly and twist right. You can't miss it. It's shaped in a way that makes removal and installation easy.

Video install

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ed-bulb-6-smd-led-wedge-base-tower/1728/4112/. Those are the ones I used for my backup lights. If link does not work just go to super righties.com and search by vehicle part number is in original post.
Could you do me a huge favor? With those new backup lights installed could you take a picture of your backup cam in the dash in total darkness. I upgraded my backup lights but in total darkness it did not help any. I want to see if these LED's of yours help in total darkness without any other lighting in the area. Thank you so much.

Sorry not best picture. Not the best view but I think they are better than stock
Thank you for posting this picture, it is very similar to my cam's reception after I installed LED backup and license plate lights. I was hoping yours would be better than mine. Thanks so much for posting this for me.

Waste of money to do your high beams in HID. Should have done them in LED to match the low beams and the LED's last longer. I just did my fog lights in LED and they look great!!

You are correct about doing HID high beams. The other issue is that many of these aftermarket HID kits are just shoddy in quality. Keep in mind that modifying factory lighting systems is a violation of federal law. This can always potentially be an issue in some states.

Hi... I have a 2016 corolla S. I changed my interior bulbs to blue LED bulbs and when i was changing my bulbs for the license plate they stopped working and later realized my fog lights are not working either... Any ideas on what could be the issue?? Please help as i am not too knowledagble with cars :s