2015 Corolla LE Keyless Door Lock Beep

I noticed when I click my key fob to lock the doors it doesn't beep like the regular horn beep but makes the softest sound, is this right? When Im walking into the store and click the key lock I cant even hear it. It can only be heard if your right next to the car.

Yes. That is correct. But I have the 2015 S Plus and I have it set to max volume and I can still barely hear it. I have to actually look at the lights to make sure it blinked and I'm only 2 cars away. :(

I think japanese cars have used the "microwave" beep for years now instead of the horn. Much less disturbing in residential areas.

r0me0ne

Also depends if your blasting music before hand. try it in the am when you first walk to your car you may notice a difference

I noticed when I click my key fob to lock the doors it doesn't beep like the regular horn beep but makes the softest sound, is this right? When Im walking into the store and click the key lock I cant even hear it. It can only be heard if your right next to the car.
Yes, same problem. My new car has a beep you can hardly hear, and I have it turned up to the max on the settings. I miss checking I locked my car when not close to it, like standing in my kitchen door. To help find your car in a big unfamiliar parking lot, I guess I'll hit the emergency button and set that off.

As with the answers already given it is normal. My 2013 does the same. The difference is I have keyless entry and can lock the door with a single button on the handle thus I am right next to the car so I have no problem hearing. You might try locking the door while your next to your car instead of while walking away thus you have the confidence of hearing the noise.