2015 Corolla S - Electronic Reliable?

Hi there! Just want to check with you guys if anyone faced any issues with any electronic parts of your Corolla so far? Anyone had any issue with maybe the Touch Screen or keyless entry remote or auto climate control or the push to start system, etc?

I am getting a new Corolla 2015 S with the tech pack (newbie in this forum). With all these little gadgets in the car, if any of them fail, it will cost a leg to repair. But if you guys don't see any issues with any electronic stuff so far, then I will not pay for the Extra Care Protection. I know in general, Toyota is quite reliable and that's why I buy from them... but that was in the days without all these new fancy gadgets in the car. I live in the north and often facing some extreme weather. Not too sure how electronic behave in such condition.

Any comment / feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
true as to any repairs may cost a lot of money but all those things are covered by warranty for a period of time. With Toyota's reliability history I would pass on the extra care protection. I do believe that the more they stuff into modern cars the more can go wrong but with many items, push to start, keyless entry, auto climate etc have been around long enough that the bugs are worked out.

koby

Out of all the cars i have had I have never had an electrical problem and all of them being from 2001 or 2004 so I doubt a brand new car is going to have issues if they didnt.

Auto climate control

Well, I have the 2015 S Plus and I did notice that I only have "Auto" when it's down on the floor for heat. If I change to vent or front defroster, the "Auto" light disappears. That didn't seem normal to me. But the dealer said it was. I still wasn't satisfied so I called Toyota and they told me it wasn't correct. I had them tell the dealer and the dealer called me back and said it was normal. Oh, well.
I also had an issue with the AC always coming on when I turned my heat on. But I came across how to turn that option off in the display.
Also, what I have never seen before on a car is the Window Lock button on the driver side. Which, when locked, I can't even operate the other windows from the driver side buttons. I have to unlock it first. I think that's stupid. But minor. Oh, and the dealer said that was normal and Toyota said it wasn't.

Toyota always locked the other windows with the Window Lock button active, even from the driver's side ... it is annoying but just how Toyota wants it for whatever reason.

When you change to vent or defrost, you are making a change, thus the car is not automatically controlling anything, thus Auto disengages. That's normal.

My 2013 will turn auto off when I change a setting. Not sure where it draws the air from but I press auto and it blows like crazy (summer). Never used auto during winter. As for the windows look out, same thing as well. It can be annoying but not as much for me as for my kid in the back lol

It is perfectly normal for the "auto" to disappear when you press whatever button on the climate control : you are entering in manual mode. "Auto" is just that - set it to a desire temperature and let it work. It will blow to the max until the set temperature is reached. So if there is a big difference between exterior temp and the set one inside the car, it might blow high for a while.

Well, I have the 2015 S Plus and I did notice that I only have "Auto" when it's down on the floor for heat. If I change to vent or front defroster, the "Auto" light disappears. That didn't seem normal to me. But the dealer said it was. I still wasn't satisfied so I called Toyota and they told me it wasn't correct. I had them tell the dealer and the dealer called me back and said it was normal. Oh, well.
I also had an issue with the AC always coming on when I turned my heat on. But I came across how to turn that option off in the display.
Also, what I have never seen before on a car is the Window Lock button on the driver side. Which, when locked, I can't even operate the other windows from the driver side buttons. I have to unlock it first. I think that's stupid. But minor. Oh, and the dealer said that was normal and Toyota said it wasn't.
All of that is normal bud. There is nothing wrong with your ride. Mine does the same thing especially the auto feature for the heat/ac. That's how it works in all vehicles; you just switch off the AC by hitting that button. Same process in my Audi and my Acura.