2015 Corolla -Winter Tires & All Seasonn Tires & Wheels Set Plus TMP sensor

kuago

Does anyone have experience or own two sets of tires & wheels for Winter set & All-Season set?
Am concern about the TPMS unit that’s inside each wheels? I have a 2015 Corolla, Eco Plus with 16” OEM rims and All-season tires. I live on the EastCoast which are prone to snow, rain and sometimes ice.
Currently, I have the OEM stock wheels with TPMS. I am waiting for my new set of winter tires with 15”steel black wheels and TPMS installed, balanced by Tirerack.
I always have two sets of wheels on all of my two old vehicles, but never had a TPM Sensor on all wheels. These TPM sensor are new for me.

Winter Set (15” Winter tires & 15” steel rims)
195/65 R15 winter tires General Altimax Arctic
15”dia x 6”w black steel rims with offset 33mm , bolt pattern 5x100, backspacing 4.84mm, & CB54

Summer Set (16” All-season tires & 16”OEM factory rims)
205/55 R16
16”dia x 6.5”w alloy rims with offset 40mm, bolt pattern 5x100, backspacing 5.30mm, & CB54

I know I have to input and initialize the new code ID to my car computer per season or rotation so the sensor can monitor the temp & pressure of all tires on my corolla.
My question concern and question are the following:

If I (DIY) the swapping of the wheels from all-season to winter tires and then bring it to the stealership due to the warranty **** and Toyota Care Maintenance ****, & also they have the record of the TPM sensor ID code with them. Once the stealership initialize the new ID sensor set of wheels as WINTER TIRES and the SUMMER TIRES (OEM wheels & all-season tires) to their computer. Then input the code ID winter tires to my car computer for this season. Do they do this free of charge, or they will charge me for the initialization to input the new ID code of the sensor to the car computer? How much? $50 -$100 per initialization, damn that’s a stealer. Ouch!

Do I have to initialize every time I swap my winter wheels to all-season wheels? OR I have to reset the car computer by going to the reset button right by the glove compartment?

Can I use this tool called ATEQ Quick-Set TPMS Reset Tool</SPAN> as DIY, instead of stealership or local tire shop doing it?

Does this tool works for newer model like 2014-2015 Corolla?

Need advice please or opinion?

Please see attached Ratio-1 & Ratio-2 jpg:
The difference of the wheels ratio of the OEM factory on the (Left-side) & Steel black wheels from Tirerack on the (Right-side)

Thanks,
Ku-wha-goo

Last edited:
The button in the glove box sets base pressure. It won't intialize new TPMS sensors.

Call the manufacturer of the scan tool and ask them if it will work. As long as it works for Toyota, it should be the same since the TPMS system hasn't changed since Toyota started rolling them out, but double check with them.

No idea on how much the dealer will charge to initiate them, but it is probably in the $50 range.

Pffft just do like me and run them with the warning on. Just check them every week. My sparco terras with nokian nordman 1 studded work awesome. I live in rhode island. When i go for the 15k service i will find out and report back. For the mean time just toss em on and go. Everything still works as normal. Traction control cruise control it all works just have a light that comes on and stays on for a few days then goes off for a few. Dont let a light sacrifice safety. And toyota cant deny warranty because of it.

The button in the glove box sets base pressure. It won't intialize new TPMS sensors.

Call the manufacturer of the scan tool and ask them if it will work. As long as it works for Toyota, it should be the same since the TPMS system hasn't changed since Toyota started rolling them out, but double check with them.

No idea on how much the dealer will charge to initiate them, but it is probably in the $50 range.
Here is the response from ATEQ tool man..

"This unit will work but may require that you use the 2014 model on the software (i am awaiting confirmation from ATEQ whether the 2015 model is listed yet)."

I guess I have to wait for the latest software update for that ATEQ Quickset TPMS reset tool, before I purchase the tool.

:huh:

Pffft just do like me and run them with the warning on. Just check them every week. My sparco terras with nokian nordman 1 studded work awesome. I live in rhode island. When i go for the 15k service i will find out and report back. For the mean time just toss em on and go. Everything still works as normal. Traction control cruise control it all works just have a light that comes on and stays on for a few days then goes off for a few. Dont let a light sacrifice safety. And toyota cant deny warranty because of it.
Absolutely right ! My dealer even suggested it "as long as you can live with the light on".

I just put on winter wheel and tire package I got from TR. No TPMS was installed on the winter wheels. I was fully expecting to see the TPMS system light, but I haven't seen it in the 4 days since I put on the wheels.

I just put on winter wheel and tire package I got from TR. No TPMS was installed on the winter wheels. I was fully expecting to see the TPMS system light, but I haven't seen it in the 4 days since I put on the wheels.
Mine does not come on before a few days (depending on the duration of each trip). The system keeps looking for the sensors for a certain period of time before giving up !

Response from Ateq Technician

Hello,
First I would like to thank you for your interest in our tool.
The QuickSet tool should work for your 2015 Toyota Corolla, however we are still doing testing on the 2015 models. You can try to use the tool under the 2014 Toyota Corolla option. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Thanks-Ermal

cid:image001.png@01CFD0EF.9B8B1BE0
Ermal Rexhepi | Tech Assistant
ATEQ Corporation | 35980 Industrial Rd. Livonia, MI 48150
Email: erexhepi@atequsa.com
Learn more: ateqtpm.com | https://www.youtube.com/user/ATEQTPMSTools

I guess I will wait for the updated version of the unit. I will inquire my regular mechanics if they can initialize my winter wheels with TPMS to my car instead of going to the dealer. Cheaper.. Let you know folks!