Hi all, new to the forum. I will be putting down a deposit tomorrow for a 2015 Corolla S Premium. I am purchasing it for the wife, she did not want another Toyota in the household lol. We have 2 already, a Tacoma and a Rav 4. She wanted something different like a Civic but I hate Hondas because I have had 2 bad experiences from their dealerships.

We had been arguing over which car to get but I told her she can make the decision on which car she wants. Took her to test drive the Corolla first and she was very impress with it. She didn't even want to go see the Civic and I was happy as hell. But I did not want her to feel like I forced her into liking it first and regret it. So on the way home I stopped by a Honda dealer to let her test drive the 2014 Civic EXL. She still choose the Corolla.

I had 4 offers on the table for a 14 S Plus and 15 S Plus. Price was $19,000 and $19,999 respectively. For the S Premium I had gotten $21,000 for a 2014 and $22,000 for a 2015. I felt those deals were good and wife choose the S Premium and I choose the 15 model because it's only 1k difference for a newer model. Does that price seem fair to you? Also the interest rate they gave me for all 4 model is for 1.9% financing. That also helped me in choosing the newer model.

Last edited:
I could see paying extra for the new generation or for an option on the 2015 that didn't exist on the 2014 ... otherwise, save the grand. Just my opinion.

I could see paying extra for the new generation or for an option on the 2015 that didn't exist on the 2014 ... otherwise, save the grand. Just my opinion.
I see what you're saying. I just like to purchase a newer model since 2014 has only a few months left. I think long term the trade in value between the 14 and 15 model would just be a grand or somewhere near there so it would not be too bad.