2016 Corolla CVT Transmission Failure

Very frustrated. My 2016 Corolla I just got/financed last year (used) had the transmission go out and the dealer says it's $8,000 to fix. Took to another shop and they said $7,500.

I entered my vin at toyota.com/recall and received the message, "There are no open Safety Recalls or Service Campaigns for this vehicle."

From my Google/Youtube search it looks like there might be others with CVT transmission problems, but I really haven't seen others who have had their tranny malfunction like mine has. I just can't understand how a Toyota can crap out like that. The reason I bought the car is because Toyota's are known to last well beyond 200,000 miles.

I feel so f'ed with the auto loan and a car that doesn't work. It has 80,000 miles and the warranty was over at 75,000 miles.

==> Any advice on what to do about a Toyota that craps out this early? Anybody else have problems with their Corolla CVT transmission? Any resolutions?

I was curious if there were even enough people out there that had their cvt transmissions give them problems to start a class action lawsuit.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any tips.

I was curious if there were even enough people out there that had their cvt transmissions give them problems to start a class action lawsuit.
What’s the exact diagnostic to justify replacement with no repair option? Replacements aren’t that common in the first place on forums and you’d have to gather specific and common info for a class action. Not an easy task. $8K is way over the top anyway. A used unit can be find for less than $1K (plus time). Is it a high mileage car? Because it’s still within the 5 years warranty plus the 1 year CPO (if it wasn’t certified pre owned, it might say something about the condition the previous owner left the car…).

Very frustrated. My 2016 Corolla I just got/financed last year (used) had the transmission go out and the dealer says it's $8,000 to fix. Took to another shop and they said $7,500.

I entered my vin at toyota.com/recall and received the message, "There are no open Safety Recalls or Service Campaigns for this vehicle."

From my Google/Youtube search it looks like there might be others with CVT transmission problems, but I really haven't seen others who have had their tranny malfunction like mine has. I just can't understand how a Toyota can crap out like that. The reason I bought the car is because Toyota's are known to last well beyond 200,000 miles.

I feel so f'ed with the auto loan and a car that doesn't work. It has 80,000 miles and the warranty was over at 75,000 miles.

==> Any advice on what to do about a Toyota that craps out this early? Anybody else have problems with their Corolla CVT transmission? Any resolutions?

just had my transmission replaced 2017 corolla le 18000 miles. Toyota put's remanufactured units in and its already having issue's so the cvt's are junk !

3DFBED5C-2DFE-4BB4-8B1D-D714DDD4DF55.jpeg 6A4D7D3E-7794-4581-B8EA-BBD2CA108110.jpeg

MayD