2017 Corolla

The whole front end including headlights, probably ! Beside that and other cosmetic/security nannies mods, the car is not different.
But at a cost and trouble probably greater than the plunge in equity of simply getting the new car.

The whole front end including headlights, probably ! Beside that and other cosmetic/security nannies mods, the car is not different.
But at a cost and trouble probably greater than the plunge in equity of simply getting the new car.
True. I'm not sure what exactly I want to do with mine yet. It's the CVT so there's not much in the power department that I can do, and I'm still under warranty for a while.

Congrats on your new Corolla! I'm very happy with mine as well. Post a few pictures of it if you can.
Congrats on yours as well! Sorry, I have yet to take a decent photo, but here she is! The color is Galactic Aqua Mica. She is a pleasure to drive, but I'm still getting used to all the controls since I didn't have all that fancy stuff in my 2006 Corolla. I keep accidentally skipping to the next audio track when I'm trying to adjust the volume! :)

Attachments

Very nice, congrats!
It really is a great feeling to have a new car! I need to read the owner's manual to learn about all the new features. What made you decide on the SE? I considered getting the 50th anniversary edition, but the one I was going to look at sold before I got to the dealership. I wasn't too upset though because I do prefer the aqua color (although it's not really aqua). I got the LE premium package with the moonroof and gps navigation link.

EricW

I wanted something a little more aggressively styled than the LE. But both are very nice.
I had been looking into buying the 2016 Corolla S for a few months and when I went to buy my dealership had just received the 2017 SE that day. Once I saw it I had to have it but I didn't tell my salesman that.

That white is poppin!!! Here is what happened to me. I had my first accident in the 26 yrs I've been legally driving( I'm 40) just a week and a half ago. I was driving a 15 Yaris SE(manual) that I was happy with except for the power when climbing a hill. 35 miles and hour isn't very fun. Anyway, the accident was my fault. I ran a red light, was t-boned and the car was a total loss. Thank God(literally) for GAP insurance or I would be so screwed. Anyway, my rental had to be returned and I was looking at a 13 Rav4 with AWD or a Subaru Impreza. The dealer had a used 15 Impreza sedan. I wasn't overly impressed and the Rav4 just didn't feel right. Anyway, I was going to settle with the Rav4 when my better half noticed a beautiful Blue Metallic Crush car with a killer front end. It turned out to be a refreshed 17 SE Corolla. I was immediately smitten and with ALL the new STANDARD safety features and dynamic cruise control it was a no brainer. And the interior had blue seats with Softek leatherette sides and blue stripes and blue stitching throughout the car. It was love at first sight. And now the car is mine. My first Corolla. I kinda thought I should have gotten the XSE but I don't like push button start and I don't like the all black leatherette seats. And I have no use for the sunroof. The compasss would have been nice however. I learned after buying a $42k Avalon Limited that I NEVER will again buy more car than I need. The car drives only me around 90 percent of the time and it is perfect. The Civic may have more features for the money, but their CVTs and their turbo engines in the new Civics have been troublesome. Honda quality is on a decline at the moment. The Fit is also having major CVT transmission issues. So the Civic was a no go. Also the Civic doesn't have LED headlights or UV protected glass to my understanding. Plus the Corolla is 4 inches longer with a bigger backseat. That's why I went with the the Toyota. I just found this forum and this is my first post. Glad to have found it!!

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
Here's another photo where she looks a bit bluer. View attachment 1875
Congrats on your new Corolla and I really like that new colour! I also like the foglights as well! :D
That white is poppin!!! Here is what happened to me. I had my first accident in the 26 yrs I've been legally driving( I'm 40) just a week and a half ago. I was driving a 15 Yaris SE(manual) that I was happy with except for the power when climbing a hill. 35 miles and hour isn't very fun. Anyway, the accident was my fault. I ran a red light, was t-boned and the car was a total loss. Thank God(literally) for GAP insurance or I would be so screwed. Anyway, my rental had to be returned and I was looking at a 13 Rav4 with AWD or a Subaru Impreza. The dealer had a used 15 Impreza sedan. I wasn't overly impressed and the Rav4 just didn't feel right. Anyway, I was going to settle with the Rav4 when my better half noticed a beautiful Blue Metallic Crush car with a killer front end. It turned out to be a refreshed 17 SE Corolla. I was immediately smitten and with ALL the new STANDARD safety features and dynamic cruise control it was a no brainer. And the interior had blue seats with Softek leatherette sides and blue stripes and blue stitching throughout the car. It was love at first sight. And now the car is mine. My first Corolla. I kinda thought I should have gotten the XSE but I don't like push button start and I don't like the all black leatherette seats. And I have no use for the sunroof. The compasss would have been nice however. I learned after buying a $42k Avalon Limited that I NEVER will again buy more car than I need. The car drives only me around 90 percent of the time and it is perfect. The Civic may have more features for the money, but their CVTs and their turbo engines in the new Civics have been troublesome. Honda quality is on a decline at the moment. The Fit is also having major CVT transmission issues. So the Civic was a no go. Also the Civic doesn't have LED headlights or UV protected glass to my understanding. Plus the Corolla is 4 inches longer with a bigger backseat. That's why I went with the the Toyota. I just found this forum and this is my first post. Glad to have found it!!
Glad you got out of the accident okay and congrats on your new Corolla as well! Drive safe!

EricW

My photo is only a Photoshopped image just to get some ideas. I've never tried caliper covers but it quicker and easier than having them painted. I'll have to look into it!

EricW

I'm catching yah. I'm at like 1,500 after about three weeks.
Have you posted a pic of your new SE yet? What color did you get? I'd love to see it! As far as I know there aren't many 2017 owners around yet. :)

In the past month of ownership I haven't seen another SE on the road. However, I did just see a 2017 XLE on the highway last week.

The 2017 looks nice, but in my opinion looks like a Prius. I don't like Prius. lol

In this case I actually like the LE front end more than the SE. But for the 2014- 2016 I like the S front end over the LE. (I have a 2015 S)

Needless to say, what is more important is how much you love the car.

Cheers

Have you posted a pic of your new SE yet? What color did you get? I'd love to see it! As far as I know there aren't many 2017 owners around yet. :)

In the past month of ownership I haven't seen another SE on the road. However, I did just see a 2017 XLE on the highway last week.
The color I chose was Blue Crush Metallic. And I ordered plate covers off of Amazon that said "Keep on Smurfin." Haha Kinda pricy at $43 but I grew up on the Smurfs(I'm 40) and the blue car only seemed fitting.

BTW, I was the first 17 owner of ANY Toyota in Rapid City, South Dakota. They had one 17 on the lot of ANY model and it just happened to be the Corolla. I almost ended up with a 13 Rav4 after my car was totaled, but the aggressive front end, the color, and all the standard safety features in the Corolla is what drew me in. And the price was great. For all that car I was expecting the sticker to say $25k. I didn't get nearly as good of a deal as you-I hate dickering, but I feel I got a lot of car for the price. And if the 17 Corolla wasn't sitting at the front door to the Toyota dealer I would have never even known or looked at the Corolla. My better half saw the front end and we were both smitten.

Last edited:

EricW

Haven't taken any pics yet. Not even sure how to upload them to this site. The new Corolla looks NOTHING like the new Prius. Haha
If you have a smart phone then it's really simple, you can upload a photo directly from your phone. Otherwise, you can upload an image to an image hosting site like Flickr and copy and paste the image tags into the body of the message.

EricW

The color I chose was Blue Crush Metallic. And I ordered plate covers off of Amazon that said "Keep on Smurfin." Haha Kinda pricy at $43 but I grew up on the Smurfs(I'm 40) and the blue car only seemed fitting.

BTW, I was the first 17 owner of ANY Toyota in Rapid City, South Dakota. They had one 17 on the lot of ANY model and it just happened to be the Corolla. I almost ended up with a 13 Rav4 after my car was totaled, but the aggressive front end, the color, and all the standard safety features in the Corolla is what drew me in. And the price was great. For all that car I was expecting the sticker to say $25k. I didn't get nearly as good of a deal as you-I hate dickering, but I feel I got a lot of car for the price. And if the 17 Corolla wasn't sitting at the front door to the Toyota dealer I would have never even known or looked at the Corolla. My better half saw the front end and we were both smitten.
I'm 46, I remember watching the Smurfs as a kid. :)

Maybe its just the alien thing. It reminded me of a Prius. I don't like the minimalist grill, Toyota emblem like melting down through it.

The New Civic is a monstrosity as well.

I'm 26 and just prefer classic lines like my 1984 Land Cruiser. (yes I own a car older than me!)