2018 Corolla fuel consumption

I own a 2018 sport model cvt automatic and I am disappointed with fuel consumption here is the fact

Week of Jan. 14 to Jan. 21 2018 average outside weather (-15 to -20 c) (5 to -4 f)

Left my car warmed up for 15 minutes x 5 days with heated seat and steering wheel on.

I average 42 km (26 miles) mixed with city and (higher speed road 55 miles/hr)

One full tank I achieved 330 km (206 miles)

Week of Jan. 21 to Jan. 16 2018 average outside weather (-15 to -20 c) (5 to -4 f)

Left my car warmed up for 30 secons x 5 days with heated seat and steering wheel on (close the heated devices when warmed)

I think by being more cautious One full tank should achieve 425 km (264 miles)

Conclusion is it normal my honda civic 2006 which I have sold to by this one was achieving the same mileage or more (SAME WEATHER CONDITION) without having the eco mode.

A bit of desparate should of kept my 2006 civic.

jolly

is it normal my honda civic 2006 which I have sold to by this one was achieving the same mileage or more (SAME WEATHER CONDITION) without having the eco mode.
Probably. 2006 Civic and 2018 Corolla S have about the same EPA rating (other variants of Corolla have better ratings). The rest has to do with driving conditions/habits (like the difference between your 15 min – a bit long – vs 30 sec warm-up).

By the way, S doesn’t have an “eco mode”. Merely a light going on when your driving generate the optimal performance. Even the LE Eco (the more frugal version) doesn’t have one except in some option packages.

jolly

I set up the eco mode on on the + where your eco button is I have a sport mode
Then it’s as I said: what you’re showing activate the Eco drive indicator. It’s in every Corolla and just indicates that the driver actions are compatible with better mpg. It changes nothing to the car performance, behavior or operation.

Not to be confused with Eco drive mode which dulls everything from acceleration to AC and is only available as an option on LE Eco (just as the sport mode is found in S, same button placement). Extracts from the owner manual below.

That being said, your question about mpg remains unsolved ! :rolleyes:

EM.jpg

2014 here (41k miles) - no sport, no Eco-Plus
I drive 51.5 miles (each way) on the days I go to work. 46-47 miles (each way) of these are interstate/highway 60+mph.
I get 430 miles per tank in winter and 470 miles per tank in summer (US gas/petrol has a different mix in winter)
I have the Eco light too - only shows (lights up) when you are sipping gas. Jolly is correct there with what he/she described.

I own a 2018 sport model cvt automatic and I am disappointed with fuel consumption here is the fact

Week of Jan. 14 to Jan. 21 2018 average outside weather (-15 to -20 c) (5 to -4 f)

Left my car warmed up for 15 minutes x 5 days with heated seat and steering wheel on.

One full tank I achieved 330 km (206 miles)

Week of Jan. 21 to Jan. 16 2018 average outside weather (-15 to -20 c) (5 to -4 f)

Left my car warmed up for 30 secons x 5 days with heated seat and steering wheel on (close the heated devices when warmed)

I think by being more cautious One full tank should achieve 425 km (264 miles)

Conclusion is it normal my honda civic 2006 which I have sold to by this one was achieving the same mileage or more (SAME WEATHER CONDITION) without having the eco mode.

A bit of desparate should of kept my 2006 civic.
How far is your commute each way? In extremely cold weather MPG will be much lower if your commute is short. What are you getting for MPG? When you say you average 26 miles what does that mean? In what way?

13 miles each way from home to work total 26 miles today the temperature is milder I filled up saturday the 16th of february and so far half tank 153 miles drove (248 km). Since fill up I average 26 miles / gallons which should equal to 171 miles for an half tank????

13 miles each way from home to work total 26 miles today the temperature is milder I filled up saturday the 16th of february and so far half tank 153 miles drove (248 km). Since fill up I average 26 miles / gallons which should equal to 171 miles for an half tank????
If the 26 MPG is the computer readout it usually reads higher than what you will actually get when calculating MPG at fill-up.