2019 Corolla Hatchback Trailer Hitch

Check for highly rated hitches in Amazon that specifically fits your vehicle. I you don't find hitches that match, go directly to the manufacturers websites or contact them directly to check fitment compatibility. Curt Manufacturing seems to be of the highly rated companies.

Hi everyone,

I'm buying the new hatch, and would like to install a trailer hitch on it to mount my bike rack.. Any idea of any hitch available in the market?

Thanks!
Good Luck!!
I got a '19 Corolla Hatch back after having being assured that a hitch was no problem. The specified part is Curt 11265 which does not come close to fitting.
This vehicle uses a new chassis and Curt has not figured this out yet.
As far as I can tell, there are no other manufacturers.
If anyone knows of a receiver that fits this vehicle PLEASE let us know !!

ToyBoy

I can`t help with the hitch question but If you guys with a new 19 hatchback would like to post your reviews of the car that would be cool.

ETBA

Has anyone had any luck finding a hitch Receiver? I really need to be able to mount my bike rack for an upcoming trip.

Hi everyone,

I'm buying the new hatch, and would like to install a trailer hitch on it to mount my bike rack.. Any idea of any hitch available in the market?

Thanks!
I think Curt is the only option. They say they have one in development. Last week they told me to keep checking back. I'll ping them again at the end of the month. Don't let anyone try to sell you Curt P/N 11265 - it does not fit.

Any update on this?
I just checked the site and didn’t have any luck. I haven’t reached out to them, but maybe someone else has?
I check with Curt every few weeks. They say they have one in development and to keep checking back. I pinged them over the weekend and just got a reply back "We are still working on a hitch for the 2019 Corolla hatchback. We still do not have an ETA on when it will be available. Please continue to periodically check back. "

I check with Curt every few weeks. They say they have one in development and to keep checking back. I pinged them over the weekend and just got a reply back "We are still working on a hitch for the 2019 Corolla hatchback. We still do not have an ETA on when it will be available. Please continue to periodically check back. "

Thanks for the quick response!

JBH

Also in search of a hitch for my 2019 XSE hatchback. Appreciate updates. I will want to buy one as soon as they are available. Btw, I had a Curt hitch for my prior hatchback. Easy to install and worked great...I would not hesitate to buy Curt again.

As of 4-30-19:
" We are indeed working on a hitch for the 2019 Corolla Hatchback. Right now the hitch is 3 to 5 weeks out from being in inventory."

Tom

Good Luck!!
I got a '19 Corolla Hatch back after having being assured that a hitch was no problem. The specified part is Curt 11265 which does not come close to fitting.
This vehicle uses a new chassis and Curt has not figured this out yet.
As far as I can tell, there are no other manufacturers.
If anyone knows of a receiver that fits this vehicle PLEASE let us know !!
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Update:
I heard from Curt this morning regarding hitch receiver for Corolla 2019 Hatchback:
Looks like the actual release to be able to order has been pushed back a little bit but I do have a part number I can give you. To order when it comes time for pre orders, which I would say you could start doing late next week, you would just give any of our retailers the part number 11567. We have lots of retailers. You can find a local one on our website under the “Where to Buy” tab and using your zip code or we have online dealers as well.
"Late next week" would be May 23, 2019 or thereabouts.

Making slow progress: 2019 Corolla Hatchback trailer hitch it is now listed on the Curt website as available if you search for it by make/year/model/submodel! Hitch #11567 (MSRP $242) wiring harness 56309 (MSRP $66). You can't order directly from Curt (I tried), have to get it from a dealer. I am not sure how long it will take - CarQuest says they can't actually order it yet, it isn't in the warehouse. Carquest suggested waiting "a few weeks".

Hitch installed!!

I ordered from RealTruck.com on Wednesday, and it was drop shipped from Curt arriving on Saturday.
Curt describes the install as "Challenging" but I could not find a local dealer who could do it for a couple of weeks so I tried it myself.
Curt's instructions are frugal and I did a bit more disassembly than I needed to. The actual install is difficult but I came up with a solution that made it easy without additional help. I used ramps to raise the rear of the vehicle.
1. You need to remove the back panel that holds the license plate. It is held in place with two screws and lots of barbed tabs which are released from the inside. Viewed from below, there are two plastic/fabric covers about the size of a 1 gallon water bottle, one on each rear corner of the vehicle It has a big plastic nut at the top (which is not removed) and three or four pop-out rivets holding it from below. With the right tool these rivets come out easily.
2. Push up the lower outside corner of this cover to reveal a screw which must be removed. Do the same on the other side.
3. There are lots of tabs on the panel to be removed, some of which can be seen from the inside. They are about 1" square and have a barb on them which can be pressed to release the tab. Many of these are located by feel only. There are two wiring harnesses at the top which are attached to two of the tabs, these have to be removed before the tabs are freed. These wiring harnesses are out of sight so it has to be freed by feel - use a screw driver to pop the harness out of the tab.
4. With all the tabs freed the license plate panel comes off to reveal an aluminum box structure which is the structural bumper. It need to be removed - there are four bolts on each side which take a 12mm socket on an 8" extension. There are a couple of tabs on the inside that need to be hammered flat.
5. Now comes the fun bit. The hitch receiver (30 lbs of it) is mounted against the vehicle and the bumper mechanism goes outside it. The bolt holes are 8" deep inside the cavity and not easy to get to. The receiver and the bumper have matching holes which have to align for the bolts to be inserted. After a frustrating hour I came up with a simple solution. I bought two 8mm x 70mm bolts threaded all the way to the top with matching nuts. I cut off the bolt head to give me a 8mm x 70mm stud and cut a screwdriver slot in the cut end. I cleaned up the threads so the nuts would thread over the cut end. I then screwed these studs into the top right and top left of the attachment points in the vehicle, saving the nuts for later.
6. I could now hang the hitch receiver on these studs and slip the bumper mechanism on top of it. Then a nut went over the stud and I set it thumb tight to hold everything in place. Now the holes are all in alignment ready for the bolts. I installed the remaining six bolts snug tight and used the screwdriver slot in the studs to remove them and install the remaining two bolts. Curt supplies high tensile bolts which replace the Toyota bolts. The Toyota bolts are a true 12mm and Curt says their bolts are 13mm. These bolts are installed on the end of a 8" socket extension and I found that a 1/2" socket is a nice snug fit for the Curt bolts and they will stay in the 1/2" socket which does not happen if you use a 13mm socket. Torque them all down to 23 ft/lbs and you're done.
7. The horizontal bar of the trailer hitch takes up a lot of space that used to be free. This means that those two wiring harnesses that connect into a tab from the removed panel are no longer accessible and you won't be able to re-connect them into their tabs. So before re-installing the panel I used some electrician's tape to secure these harnesses to the bumper mechanism and prevent vibration and chaffing.
8. Re-install the license plate panel with all its tabs and the screws on each side and re-install the pop rivet fasteners and job-done.

The install is really solid, Curt did a good job with this. If you use the hanger bolt trick, the install is quit manageable.

I just bought a hatchback and need a way to transport bicycles. I think trailer hitch will be more ideal then roof rack.

Wondering if there are pictures of the hitch installed - curious how low the hitch receiver is on the car.

Archdrake isn't answering right now, but U-Haul now lists the hitch on line and it can be ordered. I ordered it tonight (CMF11567) for $185 plus parts and labor. there is a note that says, "This hitch installation requires the fascia to be trimmed at the bottom of your bumper to be installed properly. This routine procedure is usually performed on vehicles that have a different bumper wrap when a factory hitch option is available and purchased new from the vehicle dealership. Please ask your Hitch Install Professional if you'd like to see the area to be trimmed prior to the installation." Archdrake didn't mention cutting the fascia in his email about installation. I will post photos when mine installs in about 3 weeks.

I'm tackling the Hitch install this evening and finishing in the morning. I will shoot some photos. Got my hitch from etrailer, a Curt. Thanks to Archdrake, I stopped by the hardware store and got some 8x1.25pitchx 100 mm allthread and two nuts. Will do the dremeling trick to the all thread and report success. Wahoo!

Well that didn't take long to disassemble. Unfortunately, my '19 Corolla Hatchback uses 10mm fasteners with 14mm heads, so the bolts included with the Curt hitch, and my 8mm all thread is too small. Hardware store where I buy my metric bolts closed at 6pm, so will buy some longer grade 10.9 fasteners tomorrow along with some all thread to aid install. Wonder if Toyota did a mid model running change in bolt diameter? My toyota was built right at the end of '18, beginning of '19, I intercepted it on the ship in mid Jan and purchased it at my dealer in Feb of 2019. I will give Curt and Etrailer an update. Cheers!

So far I see at least three of you are in various states of installing this hitch, and yet no completed pictures have been posted. Have you been successful? Are you happy? I am awaiting your results (pictures please) before I have one installed.

I am scheduled to have U-Haul install mine on Friday...….I am a bit nervous because there should have been photos of success SOMEWHERE but I haven't seen any. I waited a few weeks until a "Certified Installation Expert" with lots of experience was hired, which is today. We will see!

Success! The U-Haul installation expert says all parts fit (bolt sizes, etc) and the receiver was very simple to install; the electrical was a bit harder because the wiring bundles were a bit big, but all is installed with a lifetime warranty. It looks GREAT and no cutting of the fascia was required.

I took a couple of poor photos but in the end: DO THIS INSTALLATION! It is nearly invisible when a ball isn't installed. Very slick - Nice job Curt and U- test.jpg Haul!

Looks like it is tucked under nicely, hopefully the square receiver is the lowest point?

If anyone has more photos and has some time to post them that would be awesome. Installation process would be bonus.