2020 Corolla with P195/65R15 tires, what size is the spare?

Anyone with a 2020 Corolla and have P195/65R15 tires, what is the size of your spare tire?

Story: I hit a triangular piece of metal the size of a dime and used the liquid repair kit that was included with my hybrid version. The stuff just ran right out of the tire as it was being pumped. In the middle of typing this up. I looked up and watched a video and how to use the thing (the instructions that came with it was a bunch of a pictures). Apparently you have to the puncture at the top (I don't recall this in the picture) then pump the stuff in then drive for it spread the stuff out to seal the leak. Which in my case wouldn't have worked because as I pumped the tire just leaked and didn't inflate.

Anyway.... what is the donut/spare size on your corolla what had P195/65R15 OEM tires?

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Part two of the story. Using Toyota's roadside, it was towed to Costco. When my sister in-law go there, I remembered purchasing and gifting everyone a tire repair kit (rubber plug / rubber cement). I asked to use her kit and patched up the tire and it was drive-able. I didn't have one in the Corolla as it was a fairly new purchase.

Just bought a new 2020 Corolla Hybrid and we found out the hard way (three weeks and one drywall screw later) that the car comes with the repair kit mentioned above, BUT NO SPARE AND NO JACK! So now we know, spare tires are being eliminated for the weight savings... But the huge well for the spare is right there in the trunk, but it is filled with a massive formed piece of black styrofoam that takes up the space of the spare and holds the lame inflator kit. Right in the center of the well is the threaded receptor for the spare tire retainer to hold down the tire that isn't there!

What I need to know: Are the 2019 and 2020 Corolla Sedans the same body? Will the 2019 spare tire kit fit in a 2020 trunk well? Anybody know of a totaled late model Corolla with front end damage and a spare tire kit for sale?

Couldn't even jack the car up and take the tire to Costco in my Subaru, THAT HAS A SPARE!!!

nmp1

i have a 2015 and i bought a full size tire and wheel as i do a lot of driving, screw that donut. it has saved me several times. when i replace the car in a few years if it doesnt have a real tire change set i will get one, a can of fix a flat is garbage. if it has a tub in the trunk the tire should fit, remove a wheel to verify. you can get jack sets on ebay for $50.

Last edited: