2ZR-FE Turbo Kit

And you do feel the extra power at 5k rpm as they say you even hear the k&n sound off at 4800 - 4900 sounds amazing people definetly give the car a fourth look like omg lol

Yeah with the cold air from k&n it's around 6 - 8 hp and with the performance chip it guarantees 17% hp increase so that around a 23.46 to 23.8 hp increase giving you a possible total of 161.46 to 163.8 total hp and with the rev limiter box it guarantees 3-5% in hp on stock engine however it does say on a tuned engine up to 8% increase in hp not sure if the engine is tuned with the performance chip so it could be from 166.3038 to 168.714 hp ( 3-5% on stock engine) or 174.3768 to 176.904 hp if it's tuned to +8% hp. But that's not what I like about these they also say they increase acceleration which is one thing I want in my Corolla. There is also a spark plug intensifier performance kit
http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/magic-spark-plug-intensifier-performance-kit
The specs says it can increase hp up to 5% so you could be looking at 174.61899 to 177.1497 or if up to 8% it would be 183.09564 to 185.7492 hp total which If correct would be one BA Corolla especially an LE model.

Moe

Yeah with the cold air from k&n it's around 6 - 8 hp and with the performance chip it guarantees 17% hp increase so that around a 23.46 to 23.8 hp increase giving you a possible total of 161.46 to 163.8 total hp and with the rev limiter box it guarantees 3-5% in hp on stock engine however it does say on a tuned engine up to 8% increase in hp not sure if the engine is tuned with the performance chip so it could be from 166.3038 to 168.714 hp ( 3-5% on stock engine) or 174.3768 to 176.904 hp if it's tuned to +8% hp. But that's not what I like about these they also say they increase acceleration which is one thing I want in my Corolla. There is also a spark plug intensifier performance kit
http://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/magic-spark-plug-intensifier-performance-kit
The specs says it can increase hp up to 5% so you could be looking at 174.61899 to 177.1497 or if up to 8% it would be 183.09564 to 185.7492 hp total which If correct would be one BA Corolla especially an LE model.
Yea dat doesn't sound bad all

Hmmm I wonder if it could handle the supercharger then or that turbo I'm ready to buy either or oh wait I live in Cali and apparently if your car doesn't come with turbo you can't turbocharge it how fucking dumb is this state worst place to get stationed!!!

Ok so after reading everybody comments I think I'm just going to do a intake exhaust and a computer chip which should remove the limitter too. What do u say guys??
Did you mean the speed governor? You don't want to remove the rev limiter unless you actually built the engine to safely spin past the current redline. Plus, you should be shifting at around 6100 anyway. Bringing the engine to 6500 makes you slower and puts more wear in the engine.

Did you mean the speed governor? You don't want to remove the rev limiter unless you actually built the engine to safely spin past the current redline. Plus, you should be shifting at around 6100 anyway. Bringing the engine to 6500 makes you slower and puts more wear in the engine.
How does it make you slower to increase rpm?? Would the magnum smart tune x performance chip solve this??? It was recommended with the governor eliminator

Removing the speed governor is different. All that does is tell your PCM that you can do over 115 m.p.h. without killing the fuel (which is what happens with the speed governor enabled).

The rev limiter kills fuel to save the engine from spinning itself apart. Toyota set this limit to 6500 rpm because that is the design of the engine. Spinning it faster will destroy it unless you build the engine with components designed to handle higher engine speeds, such as cams, valve springs, pistons, connecting rods, and crankshafts. Usually the weakest link is your valve springs, as excessive engine rpm will not give enough time for your valve springs to close when they need to be, which cause the valves to float and crash into your pistons. The next thing is replacing the crank, pistons, and connecting rods with lighter and stronger parts, as heavy parts carry more inertia and will damage connecting rod bearings.

Every engine has a specific powerband, typically from your peak torque rpm to your peak horsepower rpm. The peak horsepower rpm in the Corolla's 2ZR-FE is 6000 rpm. I shift out of first at 6100 and shift the rest of the time at 6000 to stay in the powerband (I intentionally shift a little late out of 1st so that I start 2nd gear at peak torque).

By revving your engine to 6500, 7000, 7500 rpm without having done the engine work, all you are doing is risking blowing your engine up and running the engine well past the powerband, which only makes you slower. Kiddos shifting their Civic Si past their powerband because they think redline is the best shift point is what makes me take them in my Corolla and get laughed at.

Google "dyno sheet". Usually after a certain rpm you'll see horsepower and torque nosedive. Changing the rev limiter means you're putting your engine in that nosedive spot and accelerating more slowly than if you went into the next gear.

Hi everybody, Im new to the forum, great to have finally joined because its hard to get opinions and advice from my cousin who is a BMW E30 enthusiasts. Aside from that, I've been doing most of the work myself on my car with great help from Accessories Unlimited here in SoCal. Ill post some pics later just in case you have questions on any parts you would want to install too.

So Ive been researching a lot and have seen a lot of fellow Rolla drivers are interested in that TurboKit 09-13 kit for the Rolla but im not sure if it would be compatible with the 11th gen. Also would you guys happen to know if there is an ECU so i could tune my car, i want to get the most out of my header, exhaust and CAI.
Thanks and im open for questions if you need help with some parts for the 11th gen.

Hi everybody, Im new to the forum, great to have finally joined because its hard to get opinions and advice from my cousin who is a BMW E30 enthusiasts. Aside from that, I've been doing most of the work myself on my car with great help from Accessories Unlimited here in SoCal. Ill post some pics later just in case you have questions on any parts you would want to install too.

So Ive been researching a lot and have seen a lot of fellow Rolla drivers are interested in that TurboKit 09-13 kit for the Rolla but im not sure if it would be compatible with the 11th gen. Also would you guys happen to know if there is an ECU so i could tune my car, i want to get the most out of my header, exhaust and CAI.
Thanks and im open for questions if you need help with some parts for the 11th gen.
Idk where ecu is ill have to take it to the dealership tomorrow and ask.

If one of you guys could make a quick product guide as to how you easily increased your horsepower and 0-60 I would much appreciate it. Include your mpg and hp changes and the names/prices that you used. In return I can make a guide that details how I replaced all my light bulbs with bright LEDs, and how I shaved over 200 lbs off my car by replacing the battery with a lithium ion, and different tires.

Where did you get your header from?

Checked on the CVT maker AISIN's website. It uses what they call a medium capacity CVT. It says that it can handle (if I am reading the graph correctly) just over 200nm of torque if that helps. Its the CVT on the right side of the CVT section in that picture. Bottom line: seems that it will only be good for a modest increase in horsepower. Here is the website picture (can't post the address yet but you can see it in the address bar)
a upload_2016-1-30_11-56-3.png

The question is really how durable the transmission will be with the extra torque. Even 1000hp nitrous injected diesels manage to last a few drag races. The other question is how torque steer and traction issues are resolved as traction is always at a huge premium in FWD cars with open differentials.

Not to mention once you do decide to go this route, you might find yourself fixing things regularly and spending a lot more money on your car. One simply doesn't turbo a car and drive economically lol.

The other issue with these types of custom jobs are the tuning issues that are going to always pop up. Factory systems are tuned for emissions, fuel economy, and maximum drivability in every possible condition imaginable. Ford even goes as far to test their cars at the McKinley Climatic Lab in Florida or up Mount Evans toll road in Colorado which hits over 14k altitude. All manufacturers spend an insane amount of money and manpower for this purpose. That is something a shop doing a one-off custom job will never be able to reproduce.

Hey guys! I've tracked down a video for the first 2014 Toyota Corolla S Turbo.

I cant post a link since im new but just go to the Livauto facebook page and either scroll down to February 20th 2015 on their time line or got to his photos/albums/videos and it should be the 12th one.

We need to Contact Livauto to find out how they did it so we can do it ourselves without blowing up our engines!!!

Hey guys! I've tracked down a video for the first 2014 Toyota Corolla S Turbo.

I cant post a link since im new but just go to the Livauto facebook page and either scroll down to February 20th 2015 on their time line or got to his photos/albums/videos and it should be the 12th one.

We need to Contact Livauto to find out how they did it so we can do it ourselves without blowing up our engines!!!

ooooh

Ok guys, I called Livauto and the store owner confirmed that they did successfully turbo the 2014 Toyota Corolla S with 8 psi boost. It worked so well in fact that they were spinning the tires in 2nd gear. Because of that he recommends getting bigger tires for more grip. It is still running great with no problems and it only cost him the car owner $4500 and took a week, now that they understand it a lot more it should be even faster. Guys if you want to turbo your cvt corollas too I suggest you take them to Livauto.

ADDRESS
5047 Cleveland St
Virginia Beach – VA

HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday-Fridday: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm

I am so happy to know its possible without destroying the transmission and he told me after adding the turbo and putting the car in sport mode the rubberband effect was finally gone! Well done to Livauto and congrats to them for being the first.

One thing for sure is that we need to owner of this car to come buy and share some videos of the car in action. We really won't know about how well the engine and transmission will hold up over time until we let time and mileage do its thing.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
One thing for sure is that we need to owner of this car to come buy and share some videos of the car in action. We really won't know about how well the engine and transmission will hold up over time until we let time and mileage do its thing.
The good thing is that the engine and transmission didn't blow up right away lol. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's been around 4-6+ months since this Corolla got boosted judging from the pictures that they have on their Facebook so I think it's holding up well.

the weak link was never the engine.....just the tranny...but glad to hear they figured it out, i also talked to the guy.....in a few years if i got 4500 bucks to blow ima make a trip from Cali to Virginia lmaooo

the weak link was never the engine.....just the tranny...but glad to hear they figured it out, i also talked to the guy.....in a few years if i got 4500 bucks to blow ima make a trip from Cali to Virginia lmaooo
Lmao same except I would be coming from Miami. 14 hour drive rip

The question is really how durable the transmission will be with the extra torque. Even 1000hp nitrous injected diesels manage to last a few drag races. The other question is how torque steer and traction issues are resolved as traction is always at a huge premium in FWD cars with open differentials.
Diesel engines use methane instead of nitrous for that shot boost. Diesel engines don't need the extra oxygen since the fuel supplies it (hence why they can run underwater where a gasoline engine can't).

This is awesome. I have been trying to turbo my 2015 CVT Corolla S since I bought it, and I live 5 miles from LivAuto in Virginia Beach! You guys are awesome! Great find! Here is my baby, has 9400 miles as of right now.
Hey man tell us how it goes and update us on your car if you do turbo it, we must know how you feel about it driving it yourself! :D

Damn I've been going through this post and I'm so excited to turbo my 2014 Corolla S, the only thing holding me back is the money and waiting for my warranty to be over with

after a lot of research i think Supercharging the Corolla would be faster easier and better than turboing it. The Frs and Brz had a lot more success with superchargers