Add push to start

Honestly couldn't tell yah, BUT I can tell you I had a defective connection with my 13 Avalon Limited on my first and only autostart. I just got a 17 Corolla SE and I specifically did not want auto start after those issues. And me personally, I always hated losing my keys in the car or flying around in sharp turns. But to each their own. I'm also 40, and probably set in my ways. I do wish I had automatic door open/locks however. That was a nice feature that I missed. I've had many sunroofs and rarely opened them or even the shade. I don't like light coming in from the roof of the car while I'm driving. So I'd probably hate the new Tesla.

Honestly couldn't tell yah, BUT I can tell you I had a defective connection with my 13 Avalon Limited on my first and only autostart. I just got a 17 Corolla SE and I specifically did not want auto start after those issues. And me personally, I always hated losing my keys in the car or flying around in sharp turns. But to each their own. I'm also 40, and probably set in my ways. I do wish I had automatic door open/locks however. That was a nice feature that I missed. I've had many sunroofs and rarely opened them or even the shade. I don't like light coming in from the roof of the car while I'm driving. So I'd probably hate the new Tesla.
As a 21 year old who completely agrees, I can tell you that age doesn't matter on that -- push start cars and all-red tail lights are some of the worst things known to mankind. I mean, I can maybe understand push start in a Tesla, seeing as it's all electric and there isnt actually any need to twist a key to start it, but there is no fathomable excuse to exclude orange turning signals.

As a 21 year old who completely agrees, I can tell you that age doesn't matter on that -- push start cars and all-red tail lights are some of the worst things known to mankind. I mean, I can maybe understand push start in a Tesla, seeing as it's all electric and there isnt actually any need to twist a key to start it, but there is no fathomable excuse to exclude orange turning signals.
The all red tail lights on the 17's was a BIG safety mistake in my humble opinion. I chose the '17 by chance. Had just totalled my car and wanted AWD, but didn't want to pay $34k for a Rav4 which I only kinda like. So I was going Subie. I wanted the new Impreza for 17 BUT it's still not out and I couldn't wait. Just happened to walk up on the 17 Corolla SE and loved the Blue Metallic color and the aggressive front end. Then I went to check the interior and loved the blue pin striping and blue seats w/ black faux leather. I looked at the price and I was shocked that the car was pretty affordable for all the new standard safety features. I LOVE the auto bright headlights, lane assist is nice by pulling me back into my lane(didn't realize how much I veer) , and the dynamic cruise control is the bomb. I'm sure one day I will appreciate the auto braking and auto braking for pedestrians. I'm a nursing student who gets like 4 hrs of sleep a night and I'm always driving exhausted, so the safety features were nice. Glad I passed on the Honda as they are having massive quality issues.

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
The all red tail lights on the 17's was a BIG safety mistake in my humble opinion. I chose the '17 by chance. Had just totalled my car and wanted AWD, but didn't want to pay $34k for a Rav4 which I only kinda like. So I was going Subie. I wanted the new Impreza for 17 BUT it's still not out and I couldn't wait. Just happened to walk up on the 17 Corolla SE and loved the Blue Metallic color and the aggressive front end. Then I went to check the interior and loved the blue pin striping and blue seats w/ black faux leather. I looked at the price and I was shocked that the car was pretty affordable for all the new standard safety features. I LOVE the auto bright headlights, lane assist is nice by pulling me back into my lane(didn't realize how much I veer) , and the dynamic cruise control is the bomb. I'm sure one day I will appreciate the auto braking and auto braking for pedestrians. I'm a nursing student who gets like 4 hrs of sleep a night and I'm always driving exhausted, so the safety features were nice. Glad I passed on the Honda as they are having massive quality issues.
Is it possible to disable any or all of those safety features or are they all always going to be on (lane assist, auto brake, etc)? If you disable these features, is there any warning lights that come on if they are disabled? Also, is there any way or setting that you can turn on so that the car will beep at you when you go out of your lane instead of correcting the steering by itself

Is it possible to disable any or all of those safety features or are they all always going to be on (lane assist, auto brake, etc)? If you disable these features, is there any warning lights that come on if they are disabled? Also, is there any way or setting that you can turn on so that the car will beep at you when you go out of your lane instead of correcting the steering by itself
You can shut off the lane assist and you can shut off the dynamic cruise control. That is all you can do from the steering wheel.

Not entirely sure it would work. Besides to get the whole experience you would need the door handles and to be honest there would probable be a need to flash or "update" the software. I'm 41 and my 2013 is the first and only (so far) vehicle to have push to start and I love it. As for the key I keep in my pocket at all times, no flying around the car and you can't lock it in your car as the door will not lock if it is in the car. I am a bit upset that the 2017 rolla can only be had with push to start with the CVT, my 2013 is manual and push to start. I DO AGREE with the amber lights on the rear. I think it should be standard in North America. If/when I get a new rolla I may compromise with not having push to start (I just can't see myself getting a CVT) but I would ask the dealer to change the rear lights to the LE ones so I can get the amber turns. Mind you I am not in any hurry to get another vehicle and by the time I do things may change....however the change might be no manual available at all.....;-(

Not entirely sure it would work. Besides to get the whole experience you would need the door handles and to be honest there would probable be a need to flash or "update" the software. I'm 41 and my 2013 is the first and only (so far) vehicle to have push to start and I love it. As for the key I keep in my pocket at all times, no flying around the car and you can't lock it in your car as the door will not lock if it is in the car. I am a bit upset that the 2017 rolla can only be had with push to start with the CVT, my 2013 is manual and push to start. I DO AGREE with the amber lights on the rear. I think it should be standard in North America. If/when I get a new rolla I may compromise with not having push to start (I just can't see myself getting a CVT) but I would ask the dealer to change the rear lights to the LE ones so I can get the amber turns. Mind you I am not in any hurry to get another vehicle and by the time I do things may change....however the change might be no manual available at all.....;-(
I've had WAYYYYYY too many new cars in my 26 yrs of driving(40 now) and up until this point they have all been off the lot, brand new, except for my first which was a 91 Festiva bought in 92. Anyway, I've driven expensive and the Corolla and the Yaris are probably the two most budget friendly that I've driven. But the Corolla does everything beautifully for a great price. First CVT btw. I've always driven manual for the most part. But I am tired of driving manual vehicles and fighting to even locate and find one. They are a dying art in America. And in a budget car, they are not even that fun to drive. And Honda does a stick so much better than Toyota. But I'm not a Honda guy. I'm a Toyota guy. If I bought a WRX I'd probably get a manual, but I like having a free hand at the moment after driving standard transmissions for nearly three decades. I just hit the gas hard and I move. It's always a delay in a stick. Enjoy your Corolla in good health. And I have approximately 12 keys on my key chain, so in my pockets isn't a viable option.

Yes, I thought of keys on the fob after I hit the enter button. That is understandable with that many keys but as for me they are, far less keys mind you, on a separate key chain, my fob has nothing attached to it. I also keep my wallet in my front pocket because I can't stand it on my ass, yada yada. I drove a Nissan Versa in Columbia with a CVT and did not like it one bit. I did test drive a 2017 Corolla a few weeks ago with the CVT and I have to admit it was not bad, much better than the Versa. Yes manuals are dying in NA and that is a sad, sad thing. By the time I get around to getting another vehicle I may relent and get an auto but......I hope not :)

Thanks for all the great responses!
I think I'll just save my money and be happy with what I've got.
I love to tinker with things, especially cars. I find it somewhat challenging to add factory options, and I'm always up to the challenge! But this one seems far fetched even for me.
Anyways... until my next ramble !

Yes, I thought of keys on the fob after I hit the enter button. That is understandable with that many keys but as for me they are, far less keys mind you, on a separate key chain, my fob has nothing attached to it. I also keep my wallet in my front pocket because I can't stand it on my ass, yada yada. I drove a Nissan Versa in Columbia with a CVT and did not like it one bit. I did test drive a 2017 Corolla a few weeks ago with the CVT and I have to admit it was not bad, much better than the Versa. Yes manuals are dying in NA and that is a sad, sad thing. By the time I get around to getting another vehicle I may relent and get an auto but......I hope not :)
I agree with you about the Versa and the horrid CVT. Had a loaner for a week. And on top of that, Renault-Nissan makes the worst quality CVTs on the planet. They fail all the time. The Honda ones in the Fit haven't been too hot either. In the Corolla they have been rock solid. The only way I know I'm driving a CVT is sometimes 4-4500 RPMs when engaging a hill. Other than that I probably wouldn't know as Toyota has done such a good job.

I agree with you about the Versa and the horrid CVT. Had a loaner for a week. And on top of that, Renault-Nissan makes the worst quality CVTs on the planet. They fail all the time. The Honda ones in the Fit haven't been too hot either. In the Corolla they have been rock solid. The only way I know I'm driving a CVT is sometimes 4-4500 RPMs when engaging a hill. Other than that I probably wouldn't know as Toyota has done such a good job.
I just rented some kind of small Ford hatchback from Enterprise (my Camry stranded me). The CVT in that Ford was a POS. Hoping the CVT in my new Corolla is a superior device.

Has anyone successfully added push button start?
I don't think so. I was going to but seems like it will cost too much.
The button is needed and new remotes. And I think there's a module that needs to be added and probably programming.
I was trying to add turn signal mirrors and discovered that the wiring isn't there. I'm debating on it still. I bought the lights for $19 dash and the covers are about $40 each.