Adjusting Headlight Beam?

So I have the le model with DRL. My right led low beam is pointing practically straight down. Took to dealership and they told me that headlight beam can't be raised or lowered. That's impossible right? Van someone please confirm or do photos or video on how to get it done please. Owners manual doesn't have a section on it either. Only changing.

Thanks for any help

I myself haven't seen anything on the headlight assembly that would allow any adjustment to the low beam horizontal height. It could be possible that they were not meant to be adjusted.

This assembly is non-adjustable. Was the car in an accident? If not, then I agree that the LED headlight bulb got lose somehow and that oughta get warranty repaired.

I have had an issue with people flashing their headlights at me, indicating that I am blinding them. Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful in finding a method/any information regarding the adjustment of the headlight. So I guess it's true; there is no headlight adjustment on these cars.

You can always apply a light tint to the headlights to try to remedy the situation but then again you can't legally do that. If an accident occurs the other side might try to blame the tint on your headlights as the issue.

I have only been flashed once, but I live in a major city around hundreds of thousands of other cars with LED or HID headlights, so drivers here are probably used to it.

So I have the le model with DRL. My right led low beam is pointing practically straight down. Took to dealership and they told me that headlight beam can't be raised or lowered. That's impossible right? Van someone please confirm or do photos or video on how to get it done please. Owners manual doesn't have a section on it either. Only changing.

Thanks for any help
Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :thumbup1::clap::thumbup::):party::balloon:

You didn't mention what year your Corolla is, but if it's a newer model then this problem should be covered under warranty. If they can't adjust it, then it's a defective part and should be replaced under warranty. Period. Don't stand for being yanked around about this. Go get 'em! :thumbsup:

Car is 2014. This is the stupidest **** I have ever seen. We are in 2014 and all the sudden headlight beam adjustment is non existent? Really? How did we go backwards. My local dealership is the one that told me its not adjustable and sent me on my way. I feel like I have to pry it out of them because I'm using the warranty and they don't make money. Can anyone else confirm that adjustment is non existent.

Slim, headlight adjustment isn't done on vehicles with LED or HID so that Toyota is not liable for drivers that crash because of being blinded by a mal-adjusted headlamp.

Look at the headlight yourself. No adjustment screws whatsoever. Gotta fight them for it or go above their head.

Car is 2014. This is the stupidest **** I have ever seen. We are in 2014 and all the sudden headlight beam adjustment is non existent? Really? How did we go backwards. My local dealership is the one that told me its not adjustable and sent me on my way. I feel like I have to pry it out of them because I'm using the warranty and they don't make money. Can anyone else confirm that adjustment is non existent.
A light pointing straight down is of no use of course and is definitely defective. If it weren't defective, then all Corolla's would be just like yours. Clearly they aren't.

To contact Toyota and file a warranty claim for this problem, use the link below -

http://www.contacthelp.com/Toyota/customer-service

I hope this helps you out. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

I agree, first contact Toyota. Next, I'm sure that body shops need to adjust head lights after accidents, so you could contact one of them for help if it's really a problem. If it's a true safety concern then you need to consider contacting the feds.

Last edited:
I agree, first contact Toyota. Next, I'm sure that body shops need to adjust head lights after accidents, so you could contact one of them for help if it's really a problem. If it's a true safety concern then you need to consider contacting the feds.

These headlights would be tested after an accident, but adjustment only happen by moving the mounts. Since he says the headlight points straight down, it sounds like the LED array came lose in the headlight (and they look well sealed) and it would be impossible to compensate for by modifying the mounts without the result looking like Frankenstein.