Album art on display

Gino

Hey guys,

Have the 2015 s plus. When I play music from my phone through Bluetooth or usb, the album art does not show up. I've taken it in, called customer care, no one seems to be able to help. I have an iPhone 6.+ Hoping u guys may have some answers for me. Thanks!

Gino

No I haven't. I e just gotten the run around from everyone and Toyota and I'm exhausted lol. Idk how it would work on a 4, but not a newer iPhone lol. What version iOS do u have?

Thomas

No I haven't. I e just gotten the run around from everyone and Toyota and I'm exhausted lol. Idk how it would work on a 4, but not a newer iPhone lol. What version iOS do u have?
8 something (whatever was the latest for iPhone 4 in June). I keep it in my glove box as it is solely my car's media player. I took out the glove box to remove the USB port in the center console (and put a blank plate in it's place) and have the USB port running to the glove box so I can leave the iPhone plugged in all the time without worrying about someone seeing it and breaking into my car for it.

8 something (whatever was the latest for iPhone 4 in June). I keep it in my glove box as it is solely my car's media player. I took out the glove box to remove the USB port in the center console (and put a blank plate in it's place) and have the USB port running to the glove box so I can leave the iPhone plugged in all the time without worrying about someone seeing it and breaking into my car for it.
Can I see your iPhone 4 setup? Sounds really cool.

Thomas

Can I see your iPhone 4 setup? Sounds really cool.
Sure, I'll post some pictures soon. It's not very fancy or anything, I might be using the wrong terminology when it comes to describing which console I'm talking about. The USB port is normally near the AC controls, but I essentially hid it in my glove box. I would like to reroute it to the small armrest console in between the seats. Another user just posted pictures with something similar.

I have a '15 Corolla S plus and a iPhone 6 and was wondering the same thing. In my experience if you have any device plugged into the USB port it will display the album art, but won't with bluetooth. I remember there is something under "audio settings" that you can turn on and off to display album art. (Mine was off for some reason from factory).

Hey guys,

Have the 2015 s plus. When I play music from my phone through Bluetooth or usb, the album art does not show up. I've taken it in, called customer care, no one seems to be able to help. I have an iPhone 6.+ Hoping u guys may have some answers for me. Thanks!

I HAVE YOUR ANSWER.... Display Art cannot be transferred to your display via Bluetooth Or Auxiliary Cord... IT CAN ONLY BE TRANSFERED THROUGH THE USB VIA UR PHONES PROPER CHARGING CORD.... doesn't work? its probably cause you didn't not turn on the "display cover art" setting on your corollas display. just look for it... your welcome and drop me a like?:) if it worked.;);););););)

Hey guys,

On bluetooth it will never show, if you plug it in via usb it should. Even on aftermarket units via bluetooth it never shows, only song and artist name.

As other said. Don't expect album art from bluetooth and even from usb connection unless your phone support some specific settings (same goes for text messaging). I rather use a usb key with the other advantage of being permanently connected without any other operation.

Sorry to dig up an old post, but wondering if anybody has found what formatting works for showing album art from a usb thumb drive?
2015 Toyota Corrola LE. Basic stereo setup.

I have an 8gb thumbdrive, and i've imported several albums onto it:
Some as .mp3
Some as .m4a
Some of them display the album art, but some do not.
They ALL show album art in iTunes and on my mac just fine.
No rhyme nor reason i can see, but there MUST be some reason why.
Anybody?
Help?
I'd love a nice usb drive full of songs WITH album art to look at!
Thanks!

Some as .mp3
Some as .m4a
Some of the MP3s and some of the M4As, or just some of the MP3s and none of the M4As, or vice-versa?

Maybe look for another program to edit the metadata where the album art is stored? I really have no idea. Short of tracking down a programmer who worked on the system, I don't think any of us have a concrete answer.

Some as .mp3
Some as .m4a
They ALL show album art in iTunes and on my mac just fine.
.m4a and IDtags are tricky. Would they be the one not working ?
Apple tends to "protect" it stuff, meaning "keeping" you in the family...
If so, the solution would be to edit the tags yourself (lot of free programs to do so), flushing the iTunes ones.
Not to mingle with iTunes, you may do that only for the files on your USB drive.

Well so far all the m4a files DO show the artwork.
The mp3 files are about 50/50.
I did open a free editor and noticed the artwork showed up fine, so i'm not sure it's iTunes fault on the mp3 ripping or not.
i wondered if the actual art .jpg needed to be in the folder, or if there is a size limit on the art file to be put in the mp3 data?
Thanks for the mighty quick replies guys! I wasn't expecting anything for months, if at all!
Cheers!
Dan

i wondered if the actual art .jpg needed to be in the folder, or if there is a size limit on the art file to be put in the mp3 data?
Not sure if out of the folder might be a problem but mine are all in the album folder and I don't have any problem.
Also, be sure, when editing, that you apply art and album details (exactly the same) to all songs in the folder (or chosen ones).
It is possible that a song is not associated with the album, even if they are all in the same folder.
Same for JPG size. Don't know if there is a limit but it is sure useless to go high resolution/size !

I feel that the radio does this by itself without a phone to displays the album art on its own ( at least on the premium etune). It does take awhile for the radio to recognize a song from the usb to display the album art.

I feel that the radio does this by itself without a phone to displays the album art on its own ( at least on the premium etune). It does take awhile for the radio to recognize a song from the usb to display the album art.
With Entune (not premium) and a USB drive, there might be a delay for the unit to make an inventory of the key at start (more or less a minute, depending) while the last song playing on the last trip resume.
If that song is long enough (otherwise it jumps to the first song recorded on the drive) you won't even notice. Everything, including art is instantaneous after that.
Entune (premium or not) do not display the phone screen but read the data like it was a drive (without album art data by bluetooth for most devices).

Oh ok. Wasn't sure if the premium or regular entune would make a difference when it comes to displaying the album art. I actually never connected my Samsung note 4 on the usd port to play music.