Are Plasma Tail Lights and Reverse Lights Legal?

I guess I should have clarified a lil more. Switching to HID or LED from standard bulbs, as long as u don't deviate from OEM color in those locations shouldn't be a problem If u have halogen taillight bulbs and switch to LED as long as they are red and function as usual, the police will not care.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Woodgie1 - Unless the officer had an argument with his wife before leaving for work, or they were chewed out by their superior, etc. I've found it shall we say, not wise to run into a police officer that is having a bad day.

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Woodgie1 - I mean this in no disrespect to you at all, especially since you have absolutely zero control over this, but in the United States of America, "the land of the free", (well, used to be anyway), we now have so many laws, regulations and restrictions that we now live in a police state. The U.S. has more citizens in jails and prisons than any other country in the world, even compared to totalitarian governments/dictatorships like in communist China, North Korea, Iran, etc. As an American citizen, I find this absolutely shameful and also very frightening. This is not the America I grew up in. This is not the America I know and love.

What I mean here is that with so many laws now and with many of them having rather serious consequences if you violate them, the citizens would do well to avoid run-ins with the law. Hence my advice regarding the original posters question about modifications to original equipment lights being legal or not. Again, this is in no way aimed at you at all. You seem like a very decent fellow, but unfortunately with increasing frequency, police officers have seem to become out of control and above the law, doing whatever it is they so wish. Again, this is frightening.

In the U.S. we now have police officers dressed in black, (sometimes with black masks on hiding their faces, what's with that?!), with assault rifles, helmets, goggles, the whole bit, as if they have become a paramilitary unit. Witness the tragic Boston bombing incident not long ago where police officers went from home to home, pounding on citizens doors and at gun point ordering they evacuate their private homes, running down the sidewalk with their hands over their heads, as if they were prisoners who would be shot dead if they didn't comply! I had tears of rage in my eyes as I watched this transpire on national TV with my own eyes! What happened to a search warrant? Unreasonable search and seizure? Roadside police roadblocks where citizens are detained and questioned without probable cause, as if we have become Nazi Germany; "Where are your papers?!" Citizens in states that have open carry laws that are carrying their firearms being stopped and illegally questioned by police officers, their firearms confiscated and being arrested when they have done no wrong! What in blue blazes is going on in, "the land of the free"? Where is the respect for freedom, liberty and the U.S. Constitution which makes, (or made), America what it is...or was? Do police officers still take an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution? Why is it that I don't see police cars with the motto, "To Protect and To Serve", on the doors of squad cars anymore?

Police departments across the country are now gearing up with actual armored personnel carriers, machine guns and other heavy duty military equipment. DHS is doing the same thing, ordering massive quantities of ammunition that exceed what the entire U.S. military combined uses. It sends a chill down the back of Lady Liberty!

"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state. The other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people" - William Adama

Attachments

Woodgie1 - I mean this in no disrespect to you at all, especially since you have absolutely zero control over this, but in the United States of America, "the land of the free", (well, used to be anyway), we now have so many laws, regulations and restrictions that we now live in a police state. The U.S. has more citizens in jails and prisons than any other country in the world, even compared to totalitarian governments/dictatorships like in communist China, North Korea, Iran, etc. As an American citizen, I find this absolutely shameful and also very frightening. This is not the America I grew up in. This is not the America I know and love.

What I mean here is that with so many laws now and with many of them having rather serious consequences if you violate them, the citizens would do well to avoid run-ins with the law. Hence my advice regarding the original posters question about modifications to original equipment lights being legal or not. Again, this is in no way aimed at you at all. You seem like a very decent fellow, but unfortunately with increasing frequency, police officers have seem to become out of control and above the law, doing whatever it is they so wish. Again, this is frightening.

In the U.S. we now have police officers dressed in black, (sometimes with black masks on hiding their faces, what's with that?!), with assault rifles, helmets, goggles, the whole bit, as if they have become a paramilitary unit. Witness the tragic Boston bombing incident not long ago where police officers went from home to home, pounding on citizens doors and at gun point ordering they evacuate their private homes, running down the sidewalk with their hands over their heads, as if they were prisoners who would be shot dead if they didn't comply! I had tears of rage in my eyes as I watched this transpire on national TV with my own eyes! What happened to a search warrant? Unreasonable search and seizure? Roadside police roadblocks where citizens are detained and questioned without probable cause, as if we have become Nazi Germany; "Where are your papers?!" Citizens in states that have open carry laws that are carrying their firearms being stopped and illegally questioned by police officers, their firearms confiscated and being arrested when they have done no wrong! What in blue blazes is going on in, "the land of the free"? Where is the respect for freedom, liberty and the U.S. Constitution which makes, (or made), America what it is...or was? Do police officers still take an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution? Why is it that I don't see police cars with the motto, "To Protect and To Serve", on the doors of squad cars anymore?

Police departments across the country are now gearing up with actual armored personnel carriers, machine guns and other heavy duty military equipment. DHS is doing the same thing, ordering massive quantities of ammunition that exceed what the entire U.S. military combined uses. It sends a chill down the back of Lady Liberty!

"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state. The other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people" - William Adama
after scheming through your essay. I guess your being sarcastic. But I did some more research, and as someone already stated that if the color of the light is same/close to the legal color then its ok. As I found out, they have super white plasma reverse light stage 1-3. But now i am having hard time finding a picture with someone car who used it with tinted tail lights. And sorry to say this but, " F**k the police", alot of them are lacking education that lead them to failure in life and then they take their anger on us.

I wasn't being sarcastic at all, but very serious.

Trust me brother, I hear you, but giving a police officer an attitude like that can escalate into a situation you really don't want to get into. They have a very difficult job, some of them are not competent, (as you correctly point out) and the end result could have your rear-end locked up in jail.

Did you contact the Maryland State Police and ask them if those lights are legal?

This is a hard debate to have over a forum instead of in person. But I'll try my best. Yes there are bad apples in every group. I personally do not know any officers who act like that anywhere here. There are criminal charges to police who do go outside the "scope" of their duties and go wild etc etc.

As far as assault rifles, all black, etc You have to more specific. I wear all black, that's what the city. I.e. people who are not cops, decided I would wear. I have an assault rifle because the criminals are armed with larger guns than in the past. You want to cite specific incidents, the L.A. Shoot out, the cops were out gunned.
The Boston bombing thing. That gets into federal law etc etc. way outside what normally happens day today. Not a good example
Yes we have armored vehicles for very very specific scenarios. U don't just see those on patrol

I get some of what ur saying but it also sounds to me that You don't truly understand what we do and have only paid attention to worst aspects of things. You should do a ride-a-long with ur local police or come here and ride with me !!! Th
I was merely stating in general, 99% of the time. Wether u have led or whatnot from the factory bulb color or function. I can assure u no one cares. Most cops don't know if led taillights or not came on the car they have stopped

And the whole f the police thing. What bothers me about that is its people like that, when they have a wreck or a crime happens to them, they want to call the police and expect us to jump thru every hoop and go above and beyond to solve what happend to them. If u feel that way about the police, don't ever call, for anything

The truth is that the police are the only reason your house doesn't get broke into or the gas station your in doesn't get robbed. Without the police you would have total anarchy and that's a fact

What would happen if there were no police for 72 hours. Imagine what all would happen. It wouldn't be the happy go place u live in, guaranteed

I also mean no disrespect. Just trying to have a friendly debate

On the attitude, we get that all the time everyday. It's not that big of deal. I'm not gonna lock u up cause ur a smart ass or condescending. It is illegal to do that. I don't want to land in prison for violating ur civil rights

About the police debate, I myself seen both of police officers. I always talk to them in my business when I have to call them about customers being crazy. They are pretty good at handling those kind of situation. except for the fact that it takes them a long time to get there. But thats the goverment fault for budget cutting. But I can also say about atleast 50% are terrible and thats just being generous. One time a kid and his friends from my brother bus station said my brother stole their PSP. So after we told their parents that my brother did not take. They call the police and thats fine. The police came around 10pm and had to wake my brother up from sleeping and had to go outside in the cold with no jacket to have a chat with them. They were rude and keep telling us all kind of bull ****. The next day, they come back around 11pm and ask him if he stole it and he said no. AND GUESS WHAT? They handcuffed him and took him to the police station. And they did not even tell us exactly where. We had to find it ourself and wait two hours before they released him. He was only 14 years old and was crying like a baby. We had to get a lawyer and see a child social service and they said not to worry about it as their was no evidence. THE POLICE KNEW THAT AT THE FIRST PLACE BUT THEY DECIDED TO BE DETECTIVE AND WASTE TAX PAYER MONEY BY INTERROGATING MY BROTHER LIKE HE ROBBED A BANK. THis was extremely humiliating, wasted my time , money and county money as well. I called police when my business was robbed only 1 out 4 time did they actually do anything. And I actually have check cash business and have over 100+ bounced back check but the police are not willing to help me recover nor put those people in jail for counterfeiting checks.
Due to showing all this prove, I conclude to say **** da police yall atleast majority of them. I am sorry for the good cops for seeing this.
Also the government is corrupted as hell. Only way to avoid dealing with them is living under the rock or always being incognito mode or be rich and just pay them off.

I live in dc, maryland, virginia area. Dc is being the worst,coming short is MD and then Va is ok. They told the criminal dont worry about it. As far as I know, the jail is full so they are trying not to prosecute people. I also heard story when a person who cashed a fraud check for 4K was let go because the MD judge said they can not do anything unless the check is over 100k. lol.