Auxiliary Port or USB Port for best Audio?

JoshTRD

i have a full sound system in my car and i know to get the best quality out of your music you need high quality files which i have and it needs to be played through a good source....i obviously know bluetooth is out of the question when it comes to sound transfer quality....but my question is, i feel that the USB port sounds better than when i play through my auxiliary port.....in my 2014 corolla....can anybody else add to that?

Ive tried everything,cds,aux,usb and the best sound quality in my opinion is with bluetooth with Pandora so far for me at least for Bass quality lol but the advertisments on Pandora have gone from bad to worse lately, im trying to slam the Bass hard at the stop light but its advertisment everytime lol

Oh and i use my google pixel or samsung s9 plus phone. Ive tried my old Sony xperia z1 and sounds distorted a little

jolly

i have a full sound system in my car and i know to get the best quality out of your music you need high quality files which i have and it needs to be played through a good source....i obviously know bluetooth is out of the question when it comes to sound transfer quality....but my question is, i feel that the USB port sounds better than when i play through my auxiliary port.....in my 2014 corolla....can anybody else add to that?
To my ears and with original equipment of the car, USB. Plus easy menu to navigate from the screen. Bluetooth, so so...

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
In my 10th gen, I find that USB is the best quality in terms of sound. Supposedly though, AUX is supposed to be better but I haven't used mine in a long time since my iPhone 8 doesn't have an AUX port. I haven't tried CD though.

I have a Kenwood head unit that utilizes the aux and USB ports. It all depends on what I’m playing. Some sounds great on one and not the other.
But I mostly use the USB port.
I also have an iPhone X and can never seem to find that damn dongle!
I added a wireless charger to the center console cubby hole, so if I’m charging, I will use Bluetooth.
Bluetooth can be hit or miss depending on the media.

With the factory head unit, the aux port worked best. I used an iPod classic then. That was when iPods had that badass sound processor in it. New iPods are meh.

Seems like everyone already said it but bluetooth is definatly the way to go. Ive had custom systems in ever car Ive owned and then when I upgraded to my 2017 corolla that had factory bluetooth and its the best thing Ive ever heard.

I don't really notice any sound difference, but I find USB easier to navigate. And if you have an image embedded in your music it will display that image with newer head units.

Playing from a USB stick sounds way better to me since it's the direct file to unit. Using the AUX port the file is being played by a separate device, gets an equalizer applied, amplified, ran through a stereo cable(AUX), unit receives it, applies a equalizer, amplifies it, then sends signal to speakers. USB gets unchanged from source, AUX gets ran through 2 equalizers and amplified twice.

Last edited: