Bent rear axle: can be fixed instead replace?

Hi all,

Just found out after trying to get an alignment that my rear axle is bent. The guys at the store pointed out that the drives side rear wheel is bent in at the top and also bent 3/4" to the left for direction. It's going to eat up my new tire very quickly. I have been quoted about $3200 for installation of a used new including alignment. Could this be adjusted like alot of other cars?

Can anyone on here tell me if they have ever heard about another option other than completely replacing the axle? Or, do you have any advice for me on where to get a cheap rear axle?

Thanks.

PS. Before you ask, I don't know how it got bent. I've only had the car for 2 weeks and never hit anything. They said it could happen pretty easily if some one hit a curb or drove over something really big.
I didn't know there was even a problem until I had new Michelin Primacy 3 put on, and I don't want to screw the investment.

It cant be adjusted because its a straight axel.

Hi all,

Just found out after trying to get an alignment that my rear axle is bent. The guys at the store pointed out that the drives side rear wheel is bent in at the top and also bent 3/4" to the left for direction. It's going to eat up my new tire very quickly. I have been quoted about $3200 for installation of a used new including alignment. Could this be adjusted like alot of other cars?

Can anyone on here tell me if they have ever heard about another option other than completely replacing the axle? Or, do you have any advice for me on where to get a cheap rear axle?

Thanks.

PS. Before you ask, I don't know how it got bent. I've only had the car for 2 weeks and never hit anything. They said it could happen pretty easily if some one hit a curb or drove over something really big.
I didn't know there was even a problem until I had new Michelin Primacy 3 put on, and I don't want to screw the investment.

No rear axles in these Corollas. It's a semi-independent torsion beam rear suspension.

$3200 is outrageous for what is most likely a bent rear spindle. I'd get an estimate from 2 other shops and go with the middle price.