Bluetooth Android

Just to put this out there, In order to get text messaging to pause my music and read the message through the car speakers on my galaxy s5, I used an app called A2DP Volume from the play store.

It works great and has many other options too.

simply save the corolla as a Bluetooth device before downloading the app
download the app
then click "Toyota Corolla" on the apps home screen
and hit edit
options include:
enable reading txt messages using google text to speech
disconnect wifi when bluetooth connects
capture location on disconnect
ramp up media volume
pick an app to open on connect (ie pandora or spotify)
and more

I have a galaxy 3s and mine pauses music and reads the message out to me automaticly. Just go into massage setting (on the radio) and change it to auto read and display message "full screen". Should work fine.

My wife's phone is a Galaxy S4. For the first 4 months we had the car it wouldn't display or play messages. We just gave up on it and decided we didn't need the feature that badly. On a road trip last month, without any setting changes, it started displaying and playing messages. Cool! I think my car is haunted. :eek:

Mike

If you have a ton of messages, it takes a long time to load. On a road trip, stereo on a long time, it probably finished loading. Set your phone to limit the amount of messages a thread will hold, and it will increase the response time of the stereo.

it must have a better connection to older androids since the software has been up for a long time. the Galaxy S5 with Android Kit Kat does not work with the corolla. calls work fine but text messaging attemps to load and then freezes up.

Entune is new, and with older phone it has hiccups. I have an HTC One M8 on Android 4.4.2, it works fine. You probably have too many messages stored on your phone (since newer phones won't automatically delete anymore)

Go into your messages, go into settings, then general, and under storage settings, click delete old messages, set your text message limit to 250, your multimedia message limit to 100, and deleted old, unused threads. My text messages failed to load a few months after I bought the phone and started approaching well over 1000 messages per thread. Limited the amount of threads, and it hasn't been a problem since.

Thanks but with this app id rather not delete my old messages.
this app even starts playing were I left off on spotify as soon as the car connects to the phone! and turns off my wifi to save battery, turns it back on on disconnect. It also uses google txt to speech to read the txts rather than the corolla voice