Bluetooth Profiles/Compression for Audio on Stock Headunit

On the Entune system for the 2015 does anyone know what streaming profile it uses, ie. compression with android for music, etc... I am trying to figure out the bitrate, I know it says v 2.1 or 3 bluetooth, but I am trying to figure out if it doing bitstream mp3 off the phone or what?

I did some research and found out that they use MP3 and MP4. Unfortunately for me, this is not the best medias as I can hear the crappiness of the sound versus an audio CD. I searched for better format but the unit can't handle anything other than the 2 format mentioned (as per my research). Between the two, MP4 is the better format and I'm using Free Audio Converter (software) to transfer my music in .m4a format stored on a USB stick. I haven't tried them in my phone as I only have mp3s in it

Entune can stream through Bluetooth. I use Google Play Music myself.

Steering wheel controls work as well on phones that have been out for the last 4 years or so.

When you use USB, you're limited to the format the stereo can handle (MP3 max 320 kbps, WMA and MP4 are the same I believe). When you use Bluetooth, you're phone is simply sending the audio data to the receiver (the phone treats it like a bluetooth headset), so you can play any file that your phone can support.

When you use USB, you're limited to the format the stereo can handle (MP3 max 320 kbps, WMA and MP4 are the same I believe). When you use Bluetooth, you're phone is simply sending the audio data to the receiver (the phone treats it like a bluetooth headset), so you can play any file that your phone can support.
And that is the problem, the phone is decoding the much better encoded mp3 or mp4 data and encoding it into the much worse SBC format, which is far more lossy and lower fidelity. Bluetooth has the ability to stream mp3, but almost nobody implements this, I was wondering if Toyota was one of the few that do. But it seems unlikely.